Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Polaris Slingshot SL
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to my fellow riders, picked up our first 2022 SL auto drive with paddle shifters just 3 weeks ago. We ordered it last fall online, and it was delivered just after the new year, faster then I expected. Winter weather kept me from getting it till early March. I got it ordered soon enough to get priority service and I'm very happy with it. We live in the mts. of Western NC, with hours and hours of fantastic twisty mt. roads, both on the Blue Ridge Parkway, and all around it. I'm 67, have my own woodshop/online business (miniwagons.com) , and am going strong. When we get older, we got to do crazy young stuff to keep hoppin, like gettin a slingshot. I love the paddle shifters, makes mountain control a real blast. My wife, also 67 likes to ride along, but would never get on the back of a cycle or Spyder. I tried the Spyder, but found them unpleasant to steer at my age. Loving the ease and comfort of driving the Slingshot. Look forward to chatting more with ya'll.
-Ed

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Hi to my fellow riders, picked up our first 2022 SL auto drive with paddle shifters just 3 weeks ago. We ordered it last fall online, and it was delivered just after the new year, faster then I expected. Winter weather kept me from getting it till early March. I got it ordered soon enough to get priority service and I'm very happy with it. We live in the mts. of Western NC, with hours and hours of fantastic twisty mt. roads, both on the Blue Ridge Parkway, and all around it. I'm 67, have my own woodshop/online business (miniwagons.com) , and am going strong. When we get older, we got to do crazy young stuff to keep hoppin, like gettin a slingshot. I love the paddle shifters, makes mountain control a real blast. My wife, also 67 likes to ride along, but would never get on the back of a cycle or Spyder. I tried the Spyder, but found them unpleasant to steer at my age. Loving the ease and comfort of driving the Slingshot. Look forward to chatting more with ya'll.
-Ed
Welcome to the 'World of Slingshot Insanity'. The oldest and largest Slingshot Rally will be in Maggie Valley 31 May -- 4 Jun Check out www.SlingshotRoadsters.com Will probably be about 500 crazy Slingshot owners there for the week.

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
-Ed
Welcome to the 'World of Slingshot Insanity'. The oldest and largest Slingshot Rally will be in Maggie Valley 31 May -- 4 Jun Check out www.SlingshotRoadsters.com Will probably be about 500 crazy Slingshot owners there for the week.

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Thanks Ej, I'm looking into the event in Maggie Valley, I'm not far from there.
I missed the 2015 SSITS but have been to everyone since. Northern Indiana is about a flat as a pancake so riding the Smokes is great. I'll be in on Monday pm 30 May and
Staying a the Four Seasons.

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Someone asked me the other day if I was having a midlife crisis! I told them that I will be 74 in a couple of months and I hope that it is midlife!
My midlife crisis was Feb 2015 (71) and have 107,000+ miles and loving it more every day.

·
Registered
2019 Slingshot
7 Posts
I have had mine for almost 2 years and only have 10,000 miles, but planning to make Maggie Valley this month. I have not made the Tail of the Dragon, but I have been to Lynch, KY to the Dragon Slayer twice. It is so beautiful thru that part of Appalachia.

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
I have had mine for almost 2 years and only have 10,000 miles, but planning to make Maggie Valley this month. I have not made the Tail of the Dragon, but I have been to Lynch, KY to the Dragon Slayer twice. It is so beautiful thru that part of Appalachia.
Lots of great roads on the east side of the Smokes with much less crazy traffic. Years ago I did the tail of the dragon on my Gold Wing really don't care to do it in the Slingshot. There is a rally in the Lynch, KY area (I think) 6-9 Aug.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts