Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One month ago I purchased a pre-owned 2016.5 Base SS with only 14K miles on it and I am so impressed. I have ridden two wheelers since I was 14, my last being a V8 Boss Hoss and this has been the best decision of my life when it comes to vehicles and women LOL. I am 65 and been in too many bike and car accidents to hold up a heavy Hog anymore so I bought this thinking it would be a simple compromise. I was really wrong, this is not a compromise it is a step upwards. I attend a biker church Salvation Saloon here in Florida and many of the older guys are all over it wanting one because they are at that age of needing to make a transition too.

I have already found Slingmods and TricLed and started accessorizing the trike. I am tall so the original Blade windshield was a bit short and the wind cut me right across the eyes, we are not required to wear a helmet in Florida as long as we carry Healthcare Insurance. I replaced the original WS with a F4+5" and it is perfect for my height. I then added Baker Luggage Racks, Jump Start Portal, Convex Rearview and side mirrors, GPS Holder, etc. It is now like I like it. I couldn't afford a full stereo system so I bought a Jensen portable CD/FM player that runs on C batteries and it fits perfectly between the seats on top of the console and is black like the trike.
I am so impressed with this machine and GM tried and true engine. I've had many Vettes and a Viper so the 5 speed really puts the fun in this. Decorated the Baker Racks for Christmas and the upcoming Christmas parade that our church has been invited to participate in.

I had to laugh, I thought my SS was the only one with the rear bearing clink until I read on here that it is systemic to most of them LOL.
Glad to be onboard here where I can share and hear about my new passion.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Lobo I liked your idea with the display. I have a 2016 SShot and I like riding it very much but me living in northeast PA it just toooo cold this timed of year. Hope you have good luck with it and enjoy it to the hjilt. Lou

·
Registered
83 Posts
Congrats on your purchase! Been riding since the 70’s and my wife and I also felt it was time for more than two wheels.
We have had our ‘19 SLR for three months now and we love it!
Good luck with yours!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the great welcome, comment on the Nativity Scene and ideas for further accessorizing. I think I am going to enjoy this site.
Weather folks say thunderstorms during the parade so I got out the biker rain suit then set about trying to figure out how the water drains out of these Slings. It's not shown in the owner's manual anywhere so I went skipe hunting with a flashlight and shined it until I saw light on the floor underneath on both sides, found them LOL. I watched one test drive on Youtube where the guy drove it through a carwash so I knew they had to be there somewhere LOL. So if it rains it rains...I applied Rain-X to the new windshield so I'm ready. Thanks again for responding and for the great welcome.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Nice. I had a white 16.5. Looks like previous owner has changed out the steering wheel, shifter, and seats. Not sure how those seats take water but one mine, with OEM's, I give the inside a soaping/hosing down a couple times a year. Can always put plastic bags over the seats.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx Ulflyer for the input. I didn't know the seats, steering wheel and shifter were not OEM. He didn't mention changing them out and I had heard that the 2016.5 had some changes from the early 2016"s, but I don't know what they entail. The seats are foam and look pretty water-proof so I guess I will find out soon LOL. Good day to all.
I just realized that that cockpit shot is not my photo and I don't know how it got in there. Here is a pic of my cockpit.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Lobo: not sure how it got there either, but yours is standard OEM and will withstand hosing down when needed. My 16.5 was white with red bars/shocks/etc. S7005146.JPG

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@Lobo Welcome to the 'World of Slingshot Insanity' … What part of Florida are you in? We will be spending some time in the Port Charlette area in Jan...
Hey there Ej, thanks for the welcome. I am in Palm Harbor just north of Clearwater on the left coast. Sounds like you are getting ready for a nice trip.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts