Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, all. I'm a motorcyclist, but thinking about acquiring a Slingshot. I'm 5'11 275...found out that the Slingshot does not seem to fit me well. Any other "larger" folks out there figure out a way to make the Slingshot work for them?

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I'm 5'11" but only 175 lbs. I do have lots of guys that I know that are well over the 325+ mark and they make it work. Some of the after market seat can give you a little more room, they have quick disconnect steering wheels to easy the in/out, just two minor mods that you can do. The hard part is learning how to get in/out of the Slingshot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am 5'9" 240 and bought mine a week ago haven't had any problem getting in or out, just have to remember to NOT use the side to push up with. oh and I LOVE "SLINGING", traded my Harley trike for it and ain't looked back

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Use the regional forums to ask local owners what they have done to make it easier/more comfortable riding and getting in and out of their Slingshot. You may be able to get a ride to experience their changes first hand.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am 63 years old, 6 foot, and 325 lb. There's a little fat, but I'm a big guy (former linebacker) in pretty good shape. I have the original seats and steering wheel. I looked awkward getting in and out the first month (in early 2017). But now I never have any problem getting in and out. Just make sure you don't use the steering wheel as leverage. I put my right leg in, 'sit' on the side for a sec and 'drop' into the seat. I reach up and grab the roll bar to help me get out. A little guy like you should have no problem!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am 5'9" 240 and bought mine a week ago haven't had any problem getting in or out, just have to remember to NOT use the side to push up with. oh and I LOVE "SLINGING", traded my Harley trike for it and ain't looked back
i have a code for a 500.00 gift card for anyone that got a new slingshot between oct 1 2019 and dec 31 2019 let me know if u would use it

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Use the regional forums to ask local owners what they have done to make it easier/more comfortable riding and getting in and out of their Slingshot. You may be able to get a ride to experience their changes first hand.

@lrobbi manufactures an easy-out handle to assist with exit. It is available at rshotaccessories.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts