1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20170929_125103_resized.jpg
20170929_125230_resized.jpg
20170929_161601_resized.jpg
The first customer ridden Slingshots equipped with Slingshades are surfacing and one of the first, Dana Ward of Missouri Stole the show at Eureka Springs, Ozarks Invasion two weeks ago. Dana showed up with one of the most customized Slingshots sporting amongst everything else, the newest Slingshade! Needless to say it was a main attraction as everyone made sure to check out the new slingshade. Dana arrived with the typical Slingshot windshield but one look at our new Nascar Styled Windshield and he had us removing the one from our demo and trying it into the Slingshade for fit, He was ecstatic, "no other windshield fits the Slingshade like this" his words, not mine , but we couldn't agree more . After a bit of negotiating with other customers who had already purchased our last new windshield Dana left for Missouri with one installed.

While as you can see in the accompanying photos of Dana,s SS the fit is near perfect, but after conferring with Dana and another one of his Missouri buddies, whom has also ordered our new Nascar Styled Windshield, the decision was made to adjust our templates slightly to better accommodate the A post and roof lines of the Slingshade. Another main attraction which impressed the new Slingshade owners was that our tallboys are made to order, and the customer can determine just how high he wants his windshield.
The new fibreglass base, being the backbone of our windshield design , provides for the side to side sweep that so well accommodates the Slingshade and the minimum 10 degrees more slope than any other windshield available, aligns the glazing surface up perfectly with the sloping lines of the Slingshade,s A posts.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If I order it how long will it take? Also is it easy to swap in and out? (I have the tall ripper and like the venting for when it’s hot as balls out.)

·
Registered
63 Posts
I see an area to enter a coupon code.... Perchance may I please have a coupon code? Also can you rush my order because it’s gonna get really cold here in the Midwest...also please answer soon because I need this now. #NotDesperateAtAll @Kev

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just placed my order @Kev !!! Very excited. Having my slingshade put on this Tuesday and Kevin is sending my windshield a bit earlier so I don't freeze my butt off in the Midwest.
How much time is install? Ease of install?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just remove the existing two torx screws holding your factory windshield in and replace them with mine in place , same mounting tabs everything.to be honest when making male plug for my new fibreglass base I cut the bottom one inch off my factory blade windshield and uses that for the base of my new plug lol thank you Polaris. The windshield will come fully mounted to the new base so it's just those two screws and the one in the top of the centre post . It will take you longer to tear apart the shipping crate then it will to install the new windshield !

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@Kev do you send a Torx screw driver and instructions with the windshield?
No but I,ll get you the number of the torx bit required tomorrow lol its the one that fits your existing windshield bolts ! if you want, let me know and I,ll source you one the right size and throw it in the shipment if your not to familiar with these.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ALL NEW SS BODY KITS WINDSHIELDS NOW COME HARDCOATED
SLING TECNEGLASS37-About Techneglas - Internet Explorer.png

A big shout out to techneglas of Perrysburg Ohio. I recently attended a meeting in Perrysburg where the head of sales and the head technical rep (a chemist , i believe) Actually took the time to not only give me a complete product demonstration but had previously blended and applied to a polycarbonate sample ( as per my specifications and application ) their proposed hardcoat. Needless to say I was blown away by the customer service and technical expertise available to an inquiring small windshield manufacturer and expressed this sincerely. Their response was at, at techneglass all our assets ,research and engineering expertise are available to all customers big or small ! And I can certainly attest to their sincerity in that mission statement. As one of North America's largest manufacturers of glass resin coatings in the semi conductor, diode and solar cell industries, their technicall expertise is unparralled ! And I am only too proud to announce all of our windshields going forward will be hardcoated, both sides using their patented technologies. Their hardcoat is a silicon based hardcoat and baked on to permanently provide, not only the most abrasion resistant hardcoating but also custom blended to our specifictions to provide U.V.inhibitors as well as optical clarity.! They were only too happy to provide me with 1000 grit steel wool and let me attack their sample . Without a doubt our new windshields will pass the infamous steel wool test and provide the strongest polycrbonate substrate available with the utmost in U.V protection and optical clarity ! Combined with the absence of factory bends, as our new fibreglass windshield base provides the stability required, hence the optical clarity simply is not distorted anywhere ! All previous purchasers of our chemically sealed windshields have been contacted and will be provided with a new lens providing these latest advancements in polycarbonate hardcoats . Thank you Techneglas.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
No but I,ll get you the number of the torx bit required tomorrow lol its the one that fits your existing windshield bolts ! if you want, let me know and I,ll source you one the right size and throw it in the shipment if your not to familiar with these.
Always handy to have a small set of Torx around when you need them. There are cheap sets at your local hardware store.
Shop Kobalt 6-Piece Screwdriver Bit Set at Lowes.com

·
Registered
63 Posts
Would really appreciate that! “If it’s free it’s for me.”

·
Welter Performance
208 Posts
I am also told zero fumes with this combination as well. I believe the roof brings the air back down to the deck lid on this design roof is why it works. The roof and windshield aren't acting as wings or deflectors only bringing the air up and over the roof and back to the deck lid. I should have first hand test results myself within a week to verify these findings.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes I have a couple guys going to monitor that as well and early pressumptions are that you are correct, Look forward to hearing what you can confirm @jwelter

1 - 20 of 35 Posts