Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the paddle shift kit and new software installed in my 2020SL. I noticed when in reverse, you have to rev it to 1700rpm before it starts to move. Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just got the paddle shift kit and new software installed in my 2020SL. I noticed when in reverse, you have to rev it to 1700rpm before it starts to move. Anyone else notice this?
I had the new software installed 04/03/20201, and yes mine does the same thing. I did find out the software included the paddle shift kit, so I bought it, but have not installed yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did the software upgrade plus I added Hill Hold to my 2020 R. The dealer thought it was the hill hold necessitating the higher RPM for reverse. Apparently it's from the software upgrade.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same problem. Mine doesn't move until 2200 rpm. Called the dealership and they said it's normal. I don't believe that.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
I'm glad I got one of those really OLD ones.... 2016 with 84,000+ miles that just keeps going and going.
I believe what we are witnessing since the introduction of the automatic transmission into the SlingShot is that the SlingShot is not meant to have an automatic and it is rebelling! :devilish:

Bill

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Hee hee, Could it also be that it may not have been meant for everybody to own a SlingShot, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? :devilish:

Bill

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hee hee, Could it also be that it may not have been meant for everybody to own a SlingShot, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? :devilish:

Bill
The slingshot auto is not as smooth as a car, I have a 2021 R auto and only problem is it is throwing codes U2200 and SPN:168 FMI:4. I haven't been back for my 1st service as of yet and wondered if anyone else has had these codes displayed

·
Registered
2021 Slingshot R
33 Posts
I go in for my first service on the 28th. as of yet i have not seen any error codes. nothing to do with slingshots, but on my harley i use to get one all the time caused by altitude changes. i live in colorado and live at 8600 ft elevation and travel a lot over 12000 ft passes. time will tell if the ss does the same thing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I go in for my first service on the 28th. as of yet i have not seen any error codes. nothing to do with slingshots, but on my harley i use to get one all the time caused by altitude changes. i live in colorado and live at 8600 ft elevation and travel a lot over 12000 ft passes. time will tell if the ss does the same thing.
Thank you, I rode Harleys for 66 years until last August, trade my 2020 Ultra Limited for a 2020 R Auto and about 2 months later I traded it for a 2020 R Manual this year to a 2021 R Auto but it has started occasionally showing code U2200 torque request message counter error and I'm unable to locate what that means, I haven't been back for 1st service and dealer won't say anything except I may have to leave it 3-4 days and Polaris won't tell me what it means. To me it means I will trade with a different dealer when I trade again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts