Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone... proud new owner here of a 2015 model! I bought it about 6 months ago but due to work and travelling I've only driven her just a few times.

A friend and I went to Vegas back in 2016 and we rented a pair of Slingshots for about 4 hours and drove out to the Hoover Dam and I was hooked!! I had always wanted to own one at some point. When my wife and I started dating, every time I'd see one I would make sure to point it out and make a comment about wanting one some day. About a year ago I was walking out of a gas station near Canton, TX and saw a dark grey Slingshot pull up. I made sure to wait for the driver to get out and talk about how I driven one so many years ago and was hooked. The driver and I exchanged numbers and I told him I wanted to be the first person he contacted when he wanted to sell. I got a text about 4 months later and I got her paid for in June and drove her home, and man it was such a fun ride!

This car is on a rebuilt title and I have photos of the car when it went through a salvage auction in Texas. It was rebuilt pretty good from what I can tell but there are definitely a few items I need to address pretty soon that might stem from the wreck. The asking price was really low and once I found out it was on a rebuilt title I was pretty bummed and thought about turning down the deal. The wife (who is not really a car person) told me I still needed to buy it knowing how much joy it would bring and that we probably won't ever find a cheaper one out there.

The closest Polaris dealer/service center is about 100 miles away and they charge about $170/hour for labor. So I will hopefully be able to get some work done on my own and I will probably be asking lots of questions on this forum soon lol.

· Vendor
43 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Thanks for joining!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts