Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Slingshot Grand Touring Chan Chew Two
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First the ride is awsome! very comfortable and easy to operate. Electronics, guages and overall design is very good. Very satisfied with the vehicle.

Fist a question: I had noticed this in a couple of photos and found a wire running down from the light bundle and hanging down in the front towards the nose wing. Not connected to anything, no cap and looks like it might be for some fog lights or other accessory. Anyone know what they are for?

Comments about paint and body, my paint looks pretty nice, a few rough edges here and there and a few around the dash ares, but nothing bad or to complain about. Paint looks very nice. I did notice the underside of the hood seemed to have a lot of "body shop dust" that makes me think the hood and possibly other parts might have been resanded and repainted after initial production. When I washed it today most of it came off so it was not real overspray but more dust! Anyone with similar experience on theres? Mine was a late August production.

Also noticed the struts were annodized and not polished as some of the pre-production models were. Are they all annodized in production versions?

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Absolutely love that there are wires pre-ran for accessory lighting, aftermarket infotainment system, and backup camera.

It just makes life so much easier in installing your personal flare!

·
Registered
2020 Slingshot Grand Touring Chan Chew Two
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have to remember when looking at a forum like this there is a lot of good information but also a lot of posts about problems and gripes!

Meanwhile, the happy one are out driving the wheels off and the ones with issues you see posts!

Also what is a big deal to some folks is not even a problem to others!

Example, paint quality if you are a professional painter probably a MB or Lexus paint job is sub-standard for them, while a RV country 4 wheeler it might be great? Just depends on the prospective and background!

Belt and drive train noise......power.......tire quality, handling...braking..... each are very subjective and vary depending on the viewers expectations!
Remember this is a motorcycle not a $200K custom car! for $20K I think we have a lot of bang for the buck!

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
You have to remember when looking at a forum like this there is a lot of good information but also a lot of posts about problems and gripes!

Meanwhile, the happy one are out driving the wheels off and the ones with issues you see posts!

Also what is a big deal to some folks is not even a problem to others!

Example, paint quality if you are a professional painter probably a MB or Lexus paint job is sub-standard for them, while a RV country 4 wheeler it might be great? Just depends on the prospective and background!

Belt and drive train noise......power.......tire quality, handling...braking..... each are very subjective and vary depending on the viewers expectations!
Remember this is a motorcycle not a $200K custom car! for $20K I think we have a lot of bang for the buck!
And when you add a Hahn Racecraft Turbo system, you'll have a LOT more bang for a couple bucks more!! And a PRICELESS smile on your face as well.

·
Registered
55 Posts
good to hear someone is happy with the ss! its great to hear among all the negative unhappy posts
I love mine as well. NO Issues at all. Looks like a piece of art. It took me 2 hours just looking over the body of machine before I signed paperwork this morning. Could not find one thing wrong! Then I signed paperwork and took off in the 75 degree sunshine like a bat out of hell. Put 85 miles on today. Only issue are the brakes are weak! Oh well all in all best toy I have ever invested in.

·
Registered
118 Posts
good to hear someone is happy with the ss! its great to hear among all the negative unhappy posts
I have mine for some time and I'm more than happy with it....had some problems, changed few things but love my toy

·
Registered
8 Posts
I love mine as well. NO Issues at all. Looks like a piece of art. It took me 2 hours just looking over the body of machine before I signed paperwork this morning. Could not find one thing wrong! Then I signed paperwork and took off in the 75 degree sunshine like a bat out of hell. Put 85 miles on today. Only issue are the brakes are weak! Oh well all in all best toy I have ever invested in.
I have found that on the brakes I give it two quick pumps. Then they work better and stronger. If you don't they do feel like mush, but they will stop you. It is a FUN toy. Best thing on 3 wheels.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I have found that on the brakes I give it two quick pumps. Then they work better and stronger. If you don't they do feel like mush, but they will stop you. It is a FUN toy. Best thing on 3 wheels.
i used these..way better improved stopping.O'reillys autoparts..c465a.brakeselect

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I don't think that's necessarily true. Forums like these are where we discuss issues and solutions.

Sure, some people just complain and they need to sell their vehicle and move on, but I think for the majority of us it's "This is not right and here is what I did to fix it". And most vehicle forums are like that. When things are perfect, people don't say anything. When there is a problem, that's when people say something.

Just my .03 (.02 adjusted for inflation).

·
Registered
162 Posts
I am very grateful for all the information on this site and if I can not find it someone is always in pointing me in the right direction. Slingshots are awesome and so is this forum and the helpful people. I don't consider mine a toy it is my DD for the most part.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts