Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-DDM Handling Kit (stiffer front springs, rear mounting plate, 3/4" drop)
-DDM sway bar mounting brackets
-Twist Dynamics sway bar

All riding on sticky Bridgestone Potenza RE71Rs. My indy just finished up and since it's supposed to be 67-68 here tomorrow, gearing up for a LOOOOONG ride. Will report back on my impressions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
-DDM Handling Kit (stiffer front springs, rear mounting plate, 3/4" drop)
-DDM sway bar mounting brackets
-Twist Dynamics sway bar

All riding on sticky Bridgestone Potenza RE71Rs. My indy just finished up and since it's supposed to be 67-68 here tomorrow, gearing up for a LOOOOONG ride. Will report back on my impressions.
I installed the same kit. Haven’t been on a ride yet but we have a good ride planned for Sunday. Let us know how the potenzas do. I’m looking to upgrade tires as well!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Last year I upgraded the sway bar to one from Slingshot Only. With only this, handling was significantly improved. Installing the whole DDM Kit would have been the way to go.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, just put a few miles on the newly upgraded "DATSling" with recently installed suspension upgrades. First impressions are:
-The whole setup seems more "compliant," running over bumps and potholes easily, and with slightly improved comfort (go figure);
-The Twist Dynamics sway bar looks stiff as all get out but keeps both fronts fully planted;
-The 3/4" lowering not only looks good, but provides a lower of center of gravity.
-Steering turn-in seems crisper and more predictable.
-Corners like a beast!

I highly recommend the Potenzas for spirited driving and track use, but NOT as a DD. I almost put mine in a ditch the first (and only) time I've ridden in the rain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts