Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Sling ding - 1st on the scene -again! I see a navy blue change in your Avatar. Is there something you'd like to share with the group?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Got the email about the new blue color. For some reason I thought Navy Blue was a bit darker. Air Force has more blue in uniforms and planes and other stuff, maybe it is really Air Force Blue.

LC

·
Registered
827 Posts
Got the email about the new blue color. For some reason I thought Navy Blue was a bit darker. Air Force has more blue in uniforms and planes and other stuff, maybe it is really Air Force Blue.

LC
Let's just go with that... Aim High! Polaris Introduces the new USAF blue edition Slingshot. :D

Reactions: Sling ding-a-ling

·
Registered
827 Posts
In before the USN crew. :cool:

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
So is this a new color added to the 2017 lineup mid-year? Did they do this previous years? If so, this could be more marketing savvy or a shot in the foot. It could generate new interest in the SLR mid-year by offering a hot new color. On the other hand, 2018 buyers might wait to see what mid-year intro comes out in order to get the hot new color others wouldn't wait for, which would hurt early model year sales.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Motorcycles are supposed to be black. That is why mine is pearl black and none of that graphics dress down either. Toyed with some hood scoop graphics but decided why distract from perfection.

·
Super Moderator
5,846 Posts
So is this a new color added to the 2017 lineup mid-year? Did they do this previous years? If so, this could be more marketing savvy or a shot in the foot. It could generate new interest in the SLR mid-year by offering a hot new color. On the other hand, 2018 buyers might wait to see what mid-year intro comes out in order to get the hot new color others wouldn't wait for, which would hurt early model year sales.
Yes they have done it during Bike week since the 2015

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,914 Posts
Motorcycles are supposed to be black. That is why mine is pearl black and none of that graphics dress down either. Toyed with some hood scoop graphics but decided why distract from perfection.
Not sure which feedback to give you, so I chose funny. Do know I respect your opinion, and agree in good part with what you're saying.

The Titanium is a great looking machine, the one I wanted off the showroom floor and now own. From the driver's seat, I prefer the Red SL slightly modified thanks to @Bob Runman, it's just so beautiful at night, during the day, pretty much any time. It beats dark colors in my book.

The race car is Magnetic Black, but on a Slingshot, still love the red.

Edit: The burnt orange is second, they cheaped out on the swingarm and seats, but the color is awesome. (A member here introduced the color as a wrap, Polaris loved it and made it a color.)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts