1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Vendor
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
What about the sub enclosure that you guys said you would have weeks and weeks ago...? Those side panel pods are a good idea though.

·
Vendor
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The sub enclosure are in production as we speak and I will keep everyone posted as to when their available for pre order. These enclosures are amazingly engineered and will drop right into the factory compartments for a awesome sound and stealthy look.

Stay tuned.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
I was crossing my fingers that your guys were going to be able to squeeze 8 inch speakers in that area.

Those pods look nice!

·
Registered
7,043 Posts

·
Mike
417 Posts
Look great but I do have a concern about hearing them with a body right next to them blocking the sound. Even without a body it looks like a third of the speaker is already covered by the seat.

·
Vendor
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Look great but I do have a concern about hearing them with a body right next to them blocking the sound. Even without a body it looks like a third of the speaker is already covered by the seat.
These speakers do an excellent job filling in the cab area and make a big difference in sound. We have done tons of testing with these and these make a huge difference at speed as well.

·
No more mods!!! ok.. just one
153 Posts
I just pre-ordered a set with the Kicker Marine upgrade. I’ve seen the factory rear speaker wiring mentioned in the forum before, but couldn’t find if anyone has found where they are located. They are shown in the wiring diagram in the back of the service manual. Also, someone also mentioned that the Infotainment Center has a front/rear fader setting. I was hoping to connect the side pods to the factory rear speaker wiring. Has anyone found these elusive wires?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I got the old ones, they were chipped and I upgraded to the kicker speakers and they was not even installed, if I would have known that I would have bought my own speakers, no more SSV stuff for me........

·
Vendor
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry to hear there was a scratch on your enclosures and misunderstanding about the speakers requiring installation. We are more than happy to exchange the enclosures for you or you can send them back for a full product refund.

Since we offer these enclosures with three different speaker options as well as unloaded we do not pre install the speakers. The speakers are very simple to install and come with full detailed instructions.

Please let me know if there is something I can do to insure you are satisfied with your purchase.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thank you, but I'm good, I'm not much on returning stuff, I just used black touch up paint to fix it, I do have a suggestion for you though, I have a feeling that most people would like and expect the speakers installed, for example when I ordered speakers for my boat they come in cans to be mounted on the tower, I did not have to put the speakers in the cans myself, the came that way, and I did have a choice of speakers, just FYI.
Thank you for trying to make it right though, it's much appreciated.

·
Vendor
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you for the feedback, and please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
I have the front pods with KM Kickers. Big fan of the look and the price.

What are your thoughts of running 6.5inch woofers in the side pods? Would it sound decent?

This could be a good option if people refuse to loose any storage with the common subwoofer setup.

@[email protected]

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi Greg. Thinking this is the solution I've been looking for. Questions though. With Kicker LED speakers installed, will you still get an ambient lighting effect and secondly, how close are these to the seatback tilt control level? What's your recommendation for the Kicker LED speakers, front or side speaker pods?

Thanks Greg

·
Vendor
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have the front pods with KM Kickers. Big fan of the look and the price.

What are your thoughts of running 6.5inch woofers in the side pods? Would it sound decent?

This could be a good option if people refuse to loose any storage with the common subwoofer setup.

@[email protected]
I like your idea, and think we could get some great bass form a pair in a nice quiet room or really quiet car, but even a pair of great 6.5" subwoofers are not going to be loud enough to be heard in a already noisy open vehicle.

We have been doing audio for side by sides for eight years and have tried tons of different subwoofer options and configurations and unfortunately the small subwoofers just don't have enough volume.

·
Vendor
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Greg. Thinking this is the solution I've been looking for. Questions though. With Kicker LED speakers installed, will you still get an ambient lighting effect and secondly, how close are these to the seatback tilt control level? What's your recommendation for the Kicker LED speakers, front or side speaker pods?

Thanks Greg
The Kicker LED speakers do give off a nice bit of light and I personally think the LED's in the front look great but would probably be a little too much for the rear. The seat lever requires a simple re clocking when adding the side enclosures.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts