Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

New Slingshot video

7K views 37 replies 24 participants last post by  PS0653 
#1 ·
Just saw this on You Tube

#5 ·
Probably the best video out so far IMO. What the hell is it like to have a female passenger in the car when you're driving inappropriately fast and not have her beating on your arm telling you to slow down? That girl looked thrilled, aaaaand hot. I Kinda feel deflated a bit. Second video and someone with seemingly good driving skills and experience says the brakes ain't so hot. Quick but not fast, and a little understeer> Finally, "adequate" for polaris' first outing. I'd sure like to give that road a shot with a SS and let me form my opinion. Ohh Mannn

#9 ·
Great Video, plenty of performance for me! Look forward to cruising in mine! The North Ga mountains will be great for this!

Would like some more information on cruising and overall ride quality and comfort! I like a little hard cornering and good handling at times, but I am buying mine for touring! Gas mileage, comfort and fun are my driving interests!

Reactions: Hollywood
#13 ·
Great Video, plenty of performance for me! Look forward to cruising in mine! The North Ga mountains will be great for this!

Would like some more information on cruising and overall ride quality and comfort! I like a little hard cornering and good handling at times, but I am buying mine for touring! Gas mileage, comfort and fun are my driving interests!
I'm going to be closer to Jan - Feb before I can pull the trigger. Got to sell of my Rubicon JK first... Anyone looking ?.... :)
I live just south of some of the best roads in Ga... Blood mountain is calling my name.

#14 ·
I was so happy to see who was behind the wheel when I clicked the video. I knew he'd be honest. I'm not letting anything that sounded even somewhat negative deter me. Keep in mind, his opinions are relative to his experience. I'm sure for many of us, the brakes won't "suck." At least not like my 1968 Oldsmobile. "Quick not fast" is also subjective. It also doesn't look fast by my definition but it doesnt look like a slouch either. If I want to go "quicker" I'll jump on one of my 1000+cc sport bikes. Although, there may be some guys (who I know) that tell me my sub 10sec bike is not "fast." I'm convinced the slingshot will be awesome. It'll also be an awesome platform for modifications. Now I really can't wait.

#15 ·
Matt Farah, from the Smoking Tire, tells it like it is. Just remember this is a $20k car as he points out. Of course the brakes aren't going to be the best, the tires are going to suck, the suspension won't be adjustable, etc. Which is awesome - some folks will love it the way it is and it makes a great platform to dump $10-$20k into and get nasty.

Sure it isn't a Xbow or an Atom but they also cost north $88k of $64k respectively. The cool thing is you can drop $40k into the SS and play with Atoms but you can't get a $40k cheaper Atom without the exotic parts. Love you Polaris!

#21 ·
Also laughed when I heard the reference to the Aventador. It is clear that everything he is comparing it to while driving is of magnitudes more expensive. I think adequate is a bit harsh for a vehicle that appears to be setting a new standard in many categories relative to its acquisition price.

Of course it can get much better and this should not happen in the hands of Polaris but in the hands of the aftermarket tuners. I would prefer Polaris stick with the basics (as they clearly have), keep the acquisition price low and let the owner's decide just what needs to be added for their individual needs and budgets.

#22 ·
Also laughed when I heard the reference to the Aventador. It is clear that everything he is comparing it to while driving is of magnitudes more expensive. I think adequate is a bit harsh for a vehicle that appears to be setting a new standard in many categories relative to its acquisition price.

Of course it can get much better and this should not happen in the hands of Polaris but in the hands of the aftermarket tuners. I would prefer Polaris stick with the basics (as they clearly have), keep the acquisition price low and let the owner's decide just what needs to be added for their individual needs and budgets.
Exactly

#24 ·
Nuggets of information as a whole.
You can tell the comparisons were against much pricier vehicles. Some of the objective views were unfair because of this. There were tidbits of information that'll help SS owners out.
With time as members get there SS in hand we'll beable to decimate the vulnerabilities and highlights of the SS.
Being a brand-new platform for Polaris I feel they have done a outstanding job of bringing such a much anticipated motorcycle to market in such a short time frame.

Polaris throughout the process of this venture have built a mc with exceptional automotive features.
Examine the exceptional safety features added into the SS.

Not bad for a first year release.
It will have bugs owners will disminate in a fair professional manner.
It's vertures will be triumphed in like.
With trial and error this platform will only improve from all involved entities. Polaris, members including
all important vendors my god what a collaboration.

I'm proud of being a part of such a mind bending vehicle and family.
Charging ahead pushing the envelope. Think about it 2/3 years out. There won't be any other type platform of it's capabilities.
Take Care.
Enjoy yourself with your future rides.
Make sure to post all thoughs totally Awesome videos to come.
Thanks.

#28 ·
Good honest review!

That was the first peek at the exhaust manifold without that horrible looking factory shroud on it. If that is the stock manifold, it ain't too bad! Removing the shroud will be my first mod. May add some reflective tape to the bottom of hood to avoid radiated heat damage to it but doesn't look like even that is necessary.

#36 ·
Yeah, I was hoping he was crossing the line on purpose when he had a clear view of the road ahead. I didn't see any instances where he tried to throttle steer on turns where the tires were crying. Hope that is a useful option in the SS.

Reactions: C.G
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.