Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.kare11.com/story/life/family/2014/09/15/polaris-new-ride-is-the-slingshot-and-its-awesome/15689105/

GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - Awesome. Simply A-W-E-S-O-M-E! That's my reaction after taking a test ride in Polaris' new ride called the Slingshot. It's technically a motorcycle with three wheels, two in front and one in back. However, the Slingshot is built with side by side seats and has the feel of a small sports car.

I wasn't allowed to test drive it, you need a motorcycle license and I don't have one, plus it's a stick shift and I haven't driven one of those in years. However, with my test driver Chad, we cruised around the block near KARE-TV and believe it or not hit some top speeds (70mph) in a few seconds. Of course, we had to back off pretty quickly, but it has the power. As a passenger, it made me giggle. It is all that.

Polaris Vice President Mike Jonikas joined me in the KARE-11 parking lot to share more about the features.

The Slingshot is available in two models – Slingshot (Titanium Metallic- listed at $19,999) and Slingshot SL (Slingshot Red Pearl listed at $23,999).

The added SL features include a windscreen, integrated backup camera, and media console and six-speaker Bluetooth-enabled audio system — all of which are available as upgrade options on the base Slingshot model.

Here are five standout advantages of Slingshot-

- Low, wide stance – sitting just inches above the ground

- 100 percent open air cockpit

- Side-by-side seating for a shared experience

- Corners like it's on rails for a "sporty" feel and charge every corner

·
Registered
620 Posts
That hurt ,time wise . Watched the video a few time looking for the Vice President to drop some tell tail hint's with his speech patterns and body movements ,but the Man is as smooth as silk when he said late Oct.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Great catch 4Nines, a couple of things struck me watching this. Diana Pierce, the news reporter, has been on Kare11 for over 30 years. She is a nice person but has earned a bit of a "diva" statues. I only say this to let you guys know in no way would she EVER have a rooky camera guy filming one of her news spots. But this camera guy was so freaking excited he is going nuts, he doesn't even know what to film, her, the Slingshot or the Polaris VP. It's amazing the reaction people have around this thing!

Late October, I really like the fact that the date keeps getting closer rather than later.:) Remember guys just a few weeks ago we were hearing the middle to the end of November and the first Polaris Rep I spoke with at Haydays repeated the November line. The VP of Polaris is not going to look like an idiot during a news interview and be wrong. So he is giving the "for sure" date. I can promise you everyone will see the initial shipment before the end of October. All signs are still pointing to an early delivery, even the VP, when asked said he will have his in a "couple of weeks".;)

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Great catch 4Nines, a couple of things struck me watching this. Diana Pierce, the news reporter, has been on Kare11 for over 30 years. She is a nice person but has earned a bit of a "diva" statues. I only say this to let you guys know in no way would she EVER have a rooky camera guy filming one of her news spots. But this camera guy was so freaking excited he is going nuts, he doesn't even know what to film, her, the Slingshot or the Polaris VP. It's amazing the reaction people have around this thing!

Late October, I really like the fact that the date keeps getting closer rather than later.:) Remember guys just a few weeks ago we were hearing the middle to the end of November and the first Polaris Rep I spoke with at Haydays repeated the November line. The VP of Polaris is not going to look like an idiot during a news interview and be wrong. So he is giving the "for sure" date. I can promise you everyone will see the initial shipment before the end of October. All signs are still pointing to an early delivery, even the VP, when asked said he will have his in a "couple of weeks".;)
I like your logic. Thanks for making me feel better about it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts