Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hate to see them leave gm motor Polaris motors are junk the gm motor is e 25000 thousand miles motor Polaris might my 5000 miles like the ones in rzr

·
Registered
289 Posts
Wonder how long before the new Polaris 2.0L engine will have a boosted kit available (turbo/supercharger)?
Also, if that motor was even R&D'd to handle any boost?
Time will tell....
I am not gonna hate on the 2020 SS. Looks good.
I prefer a manual, but I bet the AT is still fun.
Still love my 2018 Quad SC SS more!!

WW

·
Vendor
644 Posts
We will have to wait and see how the new engine holds up.

As for how long until it is boosted, we should definitely be seeing boosted ones by Maggie Valley, if not well before that.

2 of the Polaris people I talked to at the reveal definitely implied that they have already boosted the engine and were pretty confident in it taking it.

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,837 Posts
Rumor has it that they essentially took 2 of their 1000cc eninges and slapped them together? I'm all for new tech and all that...but if I remember right, the turbo RZR engines had a bad habit of catching on fire for a bit.

Reactions: wickedwebby

·
Vendor
644 Posts
Rumor has it that they essentially took 2 of their 1000cc eninges and slapped them together? I'm all for new tech and all that...but if I remember right, the turbo RZR engines had a bad habit of catching on fire for a bit.
One of the engineers at the reveal confirmed that this is what they basically doing for the engine, obviously they didn't just weld 2 of them together, but there is heavy parts sharing going on.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
One of the engineers at the reveal confirmed that this is what they basically doing for the engine, obviously they didn't just weld 2 of them together, but there is heavy parts sharing going on.
I would not discount the "joining" of two engines as a bad thing on it's own, I can think of several engines that have been produced using this technique and it has been a semi-common practice ever since the internal combustion engine come into existence.

Bill

·
Vendor
644 Posts
I would not discount the "joining" of two engines as a bad thing on it's own, I can think of several engines that have been produced using this technique and it has been a semi-common practice ever since the internal combustion engine come into existence.

Bill
I think it is a pretty good idea, basically you can leverage your manufacturing of current parts for pricing and use parts that are relatively mature at this point in the end product. Should help with reliability of the engine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love my slingshot would not bought it if it had a Polaris motor had five rzr the motors are junk want last 3000 miles hate to se them leave the gm ecotec motor it will last for ever

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
The new Polaris motors have alot to do to be proven.
Glad I have the proven 2.4 liter GM motor.

WW
That may be the reasoning behind the 4-year warranty being offered on initial sales/orders. Time will tell. I know the GM motor was a strong consideration in my original purchase.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts