Givi V46 - - holds - 12.1519144104 Gallons
Givi V47NN - holds - 12.4160864628 Gallons

MATH WHIZ.jpg

.............................................. tom

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
that is correct math, both bags will hold two full face helmets but not the extra large ones, the upgraded bags have a higher carrying capacity, weight wise as the hinging area is of heavier construction, Givi rates these as their premier cruising bags, the V46 is the standard T-Rex bag from Campagna Motors and has been used successfully by them in the vertical application for quite a few years now. Actually the wholesale pricing does have me paying a little more for the V47 than the V46 so I just split the difference in my costing structure. My thoughts were this would be a better deal for the consumer as I believe (and so does Givi) the newer V47 adds a little more styling and will soon outsell the older V46.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
KEV
Questions

1 - with the bags mounted as in the posted figures, wide space brackets- can the rear tire be removed with the brackets in place?

2 - if the brackets shortened 2.5 inches - does it make it more space for the rear wheel to come off ?

3 - if the brackets for the bags have to come off to remove the rear tire - it that a simple task, or does one need to have tools in the event of a flat rear tire ?

View attachment 124681

.............................................. tom n carol
Good Questions @MISTERZ06 ,one which I am going to confirm closer tomorrow, regarding getting the wheel off with brackets in place . what I can tell you now is the removal is simple enough but a little awkward as getting at the lower two bolts on each bracket almost requires laying on ground, it,s just a matter of removing three bolts each side the whole job shouldn't, take more than 15 minutes a side. I mention this because in a previous post I had clarified detachable for someone. the cases are detachable with a single click, which allows you to remove the cases and take them packed into your hotel room when travelling. but the arms basically stay attached. I personally like the looks of the bags attached so would leave them on permanently. However some may purchase them just for going on a few trips a few times a year in which case they would have to spend half an hour preparing for each trip by reattaching the arms.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Also @MISTERZ06 on a personal note, and anybody else please chime in. Is it just my biased opinion or does anybody else think that lower tail cone shown above , would be desirable to anybody as a filler piece between the rear deck and the tire, Should it be offered as a separate piece? To me it drastically changes the look back there which was one of my goals, as I truly believe that buck .99 license plate holder Polaris provides is the biggest source of, not really buyer remorse, but a little bit of frustration. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Does anybody know of someone good with Photoshop that would like to help out ? FOR INSTANCE, I would like a pic of my rear ends on a sling that has original O.E.M front end , not like my demo , then one with my roofs on an O.E.M unit, etc
Kevin, I do photoshop work with our companies photos, so I'd be glad to help. We have emailed already about the bags with brackets. [email protected] att.net

·
Registered
293 Posts
Also @MISTERZ06 on a personal note, and anybody else please chime in. Is it just my biased opinion or does anybody else think that lower tail cone shown above , would be desirable to anybody as a filler piece between the rear deck and the tire, Should it be offered as a separate piece? To me it drastically changes the look back there which was one of my goals, as I truly believe that buck .99 license plate holder Polaris provides is the biggest source of, not really buyer remorse, but a little bit of frustration. Any thoughts?
@Kev, really cool how open you are to suggestions and brainstorming here. I really love that back piece; I would have put that on in a heartbeat, but now I'm extremely lowered, have lights, that spoiler and other stuff going on there, as I've been slowly trying to fix the back end for years. Most slings are in desperate need of something to complete the rear... the Slingshot's ass was designed late on a Friday before a long holiday weekend. The only criticism of your filler piece would be that I would have tried to make the top area above the plate blend more seamlessly with the "V", and also would have had the plate at an angle sweeping back. Would lend to a sportier look, than just the flat rear with the plate. For example, you saw the angle i put my plate coming off my wing.... I first tested the plate just straight up and down, and the difference in aesthetic appeal was vast.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
@Kev, really cool how open you are to suggestions and brainstorming here. I really love that back piece; I would have put that on in a heartbeat, but now I'm extremely lowered, have lights, that spoiler and other stuff going on there, as I've been slowly trying to fix the back end for years. Most slings are in desperate need of something to complete the rear... the Slingshot's ass was designed late on a Friday before a long holiday weekend. The only criticism of your filler piece would be that I would have tried to make the top area above the plate blend more seamlessly with the "V", and also would have had the plate at an angle sweeping back. Would lend to a sportier look, than just the flat rear with the plate. For example, you saw the angle i put my plate coming off my wing.... I first tested the plate just straight up and down, and the difference in aesthetic appeal was vast.
Yes and you know Ive been thinking exactly that, I may pull one of those parts, use it for a plug and do just that sweep it back , meaning out at bottom , I love the way you positioned your lower wing and want to end up offering something in that regard too, because we both agree, It must have been that Friday! lol

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Thank You Kev
for the info and fast response
we like the look of the bags and looking forward to seeing pics of the bags with the lower Tail-Cone
grin6.jpg

....................................... tom n carol

21 - 30 of 30 Posts