Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3CD79DF0-5FD0-452C-AE43-A873414171F7.jpeg
Hey everyone, I’m so excited I just purchased a 2016 Slingshot full of mods, Supercharger, full exhaust, etc plus i’ve Added the sling shade, Can’t wait to see what everyone else has done.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Nice looking SS
My next upgrade is a new radio with speakers and amp. Might even get the dual exhaust that come out the sides in the rear. Welcome to the world of SS

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I’ve been searching the internet for a good replacement radio, the Factory radio for the most part sucks and the screen ie too small for me to use the backup cam, So if you know of any plug n play systems please let me know.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks, I’ve been searching the internet for a good replacement radio, the Factory radio for the most part sucks and the screen ie too small for me to use the backup cam, So if you know of any plug n play systems please let me know.
View attachment 177661 Hey everyone, I’m so excited I just purchased a 2016 Slingshot full of mods, Supercharger, full exhaust, etc plus i’ve Added the sling shade, Can’t wait to see what everyone else has done.
i bought a plug and play adapter for the double din
View attachment 177661 Hey everyone, I’m so excited I just purchased a 2016 Slingshot full of mods, Supercharger, full exhaust, etc plus i’ve Added the sling shade, Can’t wait to see what everyone else has done.
i bought a plug and play adapter from stock radio to double din from SlingMods. Very easy to install. I also put a back up screen to replace my rear view mirror with another camera and wired it so it’s on as soon as you start the SS. So I can see what’s going on while I drive and it’s on while I back up. So I have two screens while I back up and the mirror screen also has a camera hidden in the front so you can switch back and forth. Saves and mistakes with concrete when the wife goes cruzin.

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
760A7322-E9DC-4858-8C7F-41120D89C502.jpeg
760A7322-E9DC-4858-8C7F-41120D89C502.jpeg
Cool thanks for the information, I will look into that. I’m also wondering if anyone tried using a digital rear view mirror on a slingshot? Master Tailgaters Frameless Rear View Mirror with 7.2" LCD Display and 4 Video Inputs - For Multi Camera Setups + Two Free Side Cameras
I have a Video rear view mirror. I used the original mirror bracket and cut about two inches off then moved it back so it’s tight to the windshield. I think looks better. I ran a video cable from the front to the back license plate. I used the stock camera for my double din. Istall wasn’t that hard

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice, can you send me the name and model number of your video rear view mirror?, I might have to get one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
0DA41F30-4784-40D1-B1FF-8C1540757396.jpeg
Nice, can you send me the name and model number of your video rear view mirror?, I might have to get one.
I bought a cheap Pyle of amazon. But I ordered a smaller camera for the back and mounted the bigger camera on the front grill (hidden so you can’t see it and used video 2 for that one that way when the girl go cruzin she can see the curbs in front when parking.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts