Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the dealer, thinking on adding the rear fender and quilted seats on a 19 slr.
Any suggestions?

Cheers

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Probably a little late, but I just bought a '19 SLR and adding a rear fender was very important to me. I imagined that without it, after a few years of driving and thousands of miles, the finish on the back of the thing would be extremely pitted from all of the rocks being thrown against it from the tire. Although I have yet to drive it in the rain, I also believe a fender would prevent the rear tire from hurling water up over the rear and into the cockpit. Aside from that, I just thought it looked great, so I ordered one. It'll be here in a few weeks. I also ordered the factory hard top because this Arizona sun will kill you... Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The quilted seats are comfortable. They sit about an inch taller than stock. They’re a bit cooler in the hot weather. I’ve had mine 3 years with no regrets.

·
Registered
125 Posts
At the dealer, thinking on adding the rear fender and quilted seats on a 19 slr.
Any suggestions?

Cheers

I have a 2017 SLR with stock seats and no fender. I have driven mine about 14,000 miles. I don’t feel a need for either item.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2017 SLR with stock seats and no fender. I have driven mine about 14,000 miles. I don’t feel a need for either item.
Any suggestions?

Cheers

I have a fender for sale off of my 19 GT. You would need to get it painted if you want to (it’s black). Also comes with the bracket mounts. I think they sell new for around $800. I’ll take $500 for mine.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would not recommend buying the fiberglass fender for sale on Amazon For $215. The fender arrived broken,ok not so bad my painter fixed broken piece. After waiting to have it painted I went to install it. Hardware missing,bent hardware,holes drilled incorrectly. Was offered refund after I painted fender and hardware. Good thing I have some experience with metal fabrication. Took me 4 hours to get it to fit. Although it looks good I can see some flaws. If you ride with motorcycles behind you a fender is necessary.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Probably a little late, but I just bought a '19 SLR and adding a rear fender was very important to me. I imagined that without it, after a few years of driving and thousands of miles, the finish on the back of the thing would be extremely pitted from all of the rocks being thrown against it from the tire. Although I have yet to drive it in the rain, I also believe a fender would prevent the rear tire from hurling water up over the rear and into the cockpit. Aside from that, I just thought it looked great, so I ordered one. It'll be here in a few weeks. I also ordered the factory hard top because this Arizona sun will kill you... Good luck with yours.
Where did you purchase your fender?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts