Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I never really looked that hard at the differences because I'm getting the SL but never noticed how much more of the frame you see in the footwell area of the base as opposed to the SL because of the speakers in the SL

·
Registered
438 Posts
Thanks for the pics Saint SS.
I am getting the Grey, but with the infotainment system, so i will not see all that frame in the footwell.
I wouldn't see it anyway as i plan on laying some outdoor carpet or something down there to cover up all that plastic floor pan.
But now I am happy with my color choice even more!!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
ouch, I see some really poor build quality. Look where the dash meets the plastic on the drivers side inside the cabin. its half popped out and the plastic looks deformed. I hope this is not representative of the quality of the final product.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
ouch, I see some really poor build quality. Look where the dash meets the plastic on the drivers side inside the cabin. its half popped out and the plastic looks deformed. I hope this is not representative of the quality of the final product.
You lost me on what your are seeing... I thought it looked good in these pictures. Especially considering that this thing has most likely been hauled all over the place and several people have been getting in and out of it. Not to mention all the loading and unloading.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
All the models being previewed are preproduction models. As good as we know, the public hasn't seen a production model yet.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Look at the picture with the steering wheel and look to the left hand side above the dials where the exterior paint links up with the dash and you will find one piece is half detached at seam. The nicks on the finish on the center console i could fall under the regular use but not the piece i am referencing.

I understand they are pre production but thats not a great sign of they are literally coming apart at the seams already. something I am very dissapointed to notice. That whole bar looks discolored though so maybe it was just bad piece of plastic. I hope at least.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I just surfed through the forums for pictures of that part and found a few where it seems fine and I think I figured out what probably caused it. Their is no where to grab on the front section or sides really to help lift yourself up and out. I bet people were using that plastic as leverage to get out which is probably what cause it to deform and pop out. If thats the case we are going to have to warn our passengers because its on both sides but maybe polaris has already addressed the issue. They really could use a present rep on here so we can call potential problems to their attention.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I just surfed through the forums for pictures of that part and found a few where it seems fine and I think I figured out what probably caused it. Their is no where to grab on the front section or sides really to help lift yourself up and out. I bet people were using that plastic as leverage to get out which is probably what cause it to deform and pop out. If thats the case we are going to have to warn our passengers because its on both sides but maybe polaris has already addressed the issue. They really could use a present rep on here so we can call potential problems to their attention.
I know from witnessing people entering and exiting the SS this does happen. People aren't used to the egress on this vehicle so they grab wherever the first time they get out.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Does anyone know what the 4 switches do? The ones above the shifter and unlabeled. Appears the first switch on the left is a 4 way flasher but none of them appear to be labeled. Lights, spares, interior lights ????

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Does anyone know what the 4 switches do? The onse above the shifter and unlabeled. Appears the first switch on the left is a 4 way flasher but none of them appear to be labeled. Lights, spares, interior lights ????
It looks like they are blank and ready for you to put something there of your own.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pictures. I must admit the gray one is growing on me as time goes by.

Don't know what the switches are. I think every picture I've ever seen always shows the last three switches as blanks. Perhaps one is used for the LED lighting and the other two are available for future options; yet to be released.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Lets see, One of the switches is for the upcoming air operated train horn.
the second switch is for the interior and exterior lights.
And the third switch is for the electrically operated nitrous valves to turn on the tanks.
4 ways??? Who needs stinking 4 ways????
A train horn at 150mph will get them out the way, LOL

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Here's that same gray one at a slightly different angle. More pics here.

Thar she blows (sorry, it's Talk Like a Pirate Day):

Attachments

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Nice! I do wish Polaris had kept the integrated roll bar shown in that prototype picture. Looks more business like than the bolt on aluminum one on the production model.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts