Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
I know there are some folks that are looking at the 2020 Polaris Slingshot and trying to decide if it is for them. Information is what you need to answer that question. I made this video for you to help answer some questions you may not have thought to ask. I take the 2020 Slingshot Owners Manual and go thru the key elements to give you a basic look that will let you see areas maybe not thought of. You can do the same thing and go further by clicking on my Owners Manual list for the 2020 model and view for yourself. Look at my Content List on page 1 to find the posted links.

For now, take a look at what I found in the Owners Manual for the 2020 model Slingshot.

2020 Polaris Slingshot Review of Owners Manual

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
The Slingshot Headlights work different than most headlight systems. There are two systems for the Slingshot, USA and Canadian. The USA model for us has two outside headlights and two center headlights. I have created a video to demonstrate and explain how the USA system works. I will explain the Canadian system here now. The Canadian system has two outside headlights and two inboard Headlights with no center headlights. The two outside lights are on low beam all the time, the two inboard headlights are the low/high beam headlights. A lot of folks want both systems for more light and they install the Canadian system along with the USA system, giving 6 headlights. I have many video that will explain how to install the Canadian system along with upgrading the Headlights to LED's. Watch the video and see how our USA headlight system works, you may be surprised.

USA Headlight System Explained

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 · (Edited)
To all the Slingshot Owners, I know there are a lot of times that members want to post a photo to show their Slingshot, a new mod, a question about a problem they want to show in a photo. In most cases, the member just does not possess the know how to get the Photo inserted into a post. Most members can take a photo with their Cell phone or Tablet, but just don't know how to get that photo into a file and upload using the insert photo option of our message area.
I am making some software available to allow you to take a photo of the subject you want to post and allow you send to me. I will post for you in a thread you designate or send the photo back in a jpg file for you to use as to upload a photo in a post if you can handle that part. I will work with anyone to help get a photo posted. Sometimes a photo can be worth a thousand words.
Your photo will only be seen by me and you can send me a message as to how you want the photo edited or posted and where. I can send the photo as attachment back to your email address.
If you are not a member, here is the time to join to get this service I can provide free as my thread of Slingshot Help and information. Click on link below and complete the form. Just enter name, email and take a photo of your subject and click submit. You can retake the photo if it did not come out as you wanted. You can send a few photos if you like. Send me a message to give direction as to how you want the photo used and where posted. Good Luck!

Help for Inserting a Photo into Thread Post

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Here is a way of attaching a GoPro camera to the rear of your Slingshot for a view o belt and rear drive pulley. This will allow you to capture how the belt performs as you drive.

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 · (Edited)
I have created a video to show how to Post photos on our forum. It is designed to help the members that have very little knowledge of how to get photos from their device into a post on a thread of interest to show their Slingshot or post information to support a discussion that will help with the aid of a photo. Sometime, a photo can make the difference. Here is a chance for all members to be able to post a photo. Good luck, try it out.

Video Tutorial on how to post photos

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 · (Edited)
Something New, I am giving an option to record a private message or to be posted. Easy way to get a message to others and we can all hear our members voice and add a new dimension to the user name. You can comment on a post in this thread, ask a question or offer more information about a subject. Anyway, it is here for you to use, so I offer something new all the time. It is what I do for our Slingshot members.
I have posted the results of a example audio message with instructions, listen and make your own message and I will review and respond according to your wishes. Thanks.

Audio Message Recorder

Audio Test Message with Instructions

Take Photo and send

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
It seems, Ride Command is a subject a lot of people are wanting information about. I have a thread titled, 2020 Slingshot Owners Manual where I link my youtube video for reviewing the Owners Manual. I go through the owners manual pointing out some of the key points of knowledge about the 2020 Slingshot. I got a response about how some information in the Owners Manual is not correct and wrong. It was not pointed out as to what, but also was mentioned that there is no information about how to operate Ride Command. There is some basic button information and directing you to download the Ride Command App from the Polaris Website listed. I must say, I do not own a 2020 Slingshot and only trying to post information I find on the Internet about the subject. The Owners Manual is such a document that can be reviewed for content only and not to the correctness. So, the video gives new owners and prosective buyers a look at some key points about the 2020 through the Owners Manual. Here is the link to the thread mentioned to see what additional information that I have found about Ride Command and the Ride Command App. There is also a search results for our forum with over 400 results for your review about Ride Command discussions held about the subject on our forum.

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
To the Newbies for the Slingshot world. One of the first accessories you may want to look at is the Extended Range Hood Hinge. What is that you say and why do I need it. Well, you will find that the stock hood only opens with limited access to the front area of the underneath of the Hood area in front. I found that it is really a great feature. It comes with a warning from me of a hood opening experience while driving. I will show the video of the test results of my experience along with the installation video. In short, if you install the Extended Range Hood Hinge, you will need to make sure the hood latches are secured. If not, there is a possibility of the hood coming open and blocking your view until you stop. The gas piston is the device that assist the hood opening for the Extended Range Hood Hinge. air pressure at 60 mph and higher, is enough to suck the hood up enough for the piston to push the hood open.
Just make sure the latches are latched for your safety. It is a great product and it is the Polaris Slingshot Hood Latching system that is at fault.
Now that I have scared you to death, I recommend installing this product. If you are going to do mods under the hood, this will help greatly. Now show time along with the hood opening video that demonstrates what can happen if you do not get the hood latches latched. My Hinges are from Twist Dynamics and I like them.
Installation is a double feature.
Extended Range Hood Hinge Installation Part 1

Extended Range Hood Hinge Installation Part 2

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 · (Edited)
I have posted information about Jump Starting the Slingshot using the Under the Hood Jump Port. I have a video I produced before I did the video on the use of the Alternator Wire that goes down to the Starter Solenoid and then picks up the Heavy lead back to the Battery. The Alternator lead has a red cover and it is easy to access. Some folks want to just connect to the nut to jump start eliminating the Jump Port. I don't think that is a good way to do it, a short could happen and blow you main fuse then you are in a worse shape. Install a Jump port to use for emergency start.
I am posting a wiring diagram I created to help understand the current flow. You will see a Starting vehicle Battery and the Slingshot battery connected.
When you do a jump start, it is a good idea to leave the connections on for 5 min or so before starting to give the Slingshot Battery a little charging before you attempt to start the Slingshot. 10 min would be ideal. Now as my battery was in the 10 volt range and the Slingshot would not start only click, all of the current will not be coming from the Starting battery, some will be coming from the Slingshot Battery as both batteries are in parallel connection. This means the Blue from Alternator to Starter Solenoid will not have all the current going through it. I feel this will be a safe emergency start with a 1 to 2 sec start. The Slingshot should start within that time if the engine turns over.
You should have a volt meter of some kind connected or plugged into power port to see what you voltage is. If the voltage is reading anywhere from 8 volts to 10 volts you should be fine to emergency start the Slingshot. If it is lower than that you may want to let the starting vehicle stay connected for about 20 min with the starting vehicle running to charge your battery up more. If you can do it and the guy has the time. If not, then after a short charging time, attempt a start. If you battery is good, it should recover quickly and you will start OK.

Click on the link to see the Test and Explanation
Emergency Start Jump Port Start Explained

Wiring diagram of connecting a emergency start vehicle battery to the Slingshot.

The Starting Battery current will go through blue wire while the Slingshot Battery current will go through the heavy battery lead and both will arrive at the starter in parallel. I feel this will work for emergency starts.

Here is simple way to monitor you Slingshot battery voltage. You can plug it into the power port in glove box. It will require the key on and that will draw down the voltage, would be better to use the console power port, but would need an extension to all to read. I will leave you this problem to solve. I am leading you to the water, you will need to take the next step.

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
At some time in your ownership of a Polaris Slingshot you may encounter the yellow "Engine Check" light to appear on you instrument panel. You will need to perform a procedure to have the Diagnostics Error Code to be shown. It is in the Owners Manual, but I have a video that will describe and show you how to accomplish this. With you code you can seek help on our forum to get someone to tell you what the code means.

Here is the procedure in the 2017 Owners manual.

121 - 130 of 130 Posts