Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Not to be nosy, but what made you leave the Slingshot world?
I enjoyed the Slingshot for 5 years, and had two different models. We did just about everything you can do with a Slingshot. Gail enjoyed it also. We then decided we were ready to move to our other big love and that is camping in our RV. We own a RV and for 15 years owned a lot just north of Cleveland, Paradise Valley Campground. When up there each year from May through Oct and enjoyed the wonderful roads and back road cafes and places to eat. We sold the Lot and our Slingshot to put our time in to RV life on the move and have our Jeep as our get around vehicle.
I still encourage people to get into the Slingshot, and enjoy the fun. Like anything time will make changes sometimes and your follow the directions. Just pursuing other interest now, thanks for following my Threads.

·
Registered
2020 R SlingShot
13 Posts
Thanks very much for your reply.
I noticed in one of your videos where you were referencing Cleveland. I assume you had a lot there.
We are (were) campers. Lost interest when the kids grew up. Like I said before, North Ga. is our backyard. Our daughter went to school at North (Dahlonega). Personally, I would not live anywhere else.

We are excited to pick up our new toy tomorrow. Again, thanks for your compendium. They are informative and amusing. Polaris owes you!

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Thanks very much for your reply.
I noticed in one of your videos where you were referencing Cleveland. I assume you had a lot there.
We are (were) campers. Lost interest when the kids grew up. Like I said before, North Ga. is our backyard. Our daughter went to school at North (Dahlonega). Personally, I would not live anywhere else.

We are excited to pick up our new toy tomorrow. Again, thanks for your compendium. They are informative and amusing. Polaris owes you!
SpringerRider, I wish you and your wife many fun rides in the Northeast Georgia Mountains. I still plan on going up in Oct to camp in our RV, maybe at Unicoi if we can get in. Will give you a shout to come by for a fires side chat and see how the Slingshot is doing for you. I know the excitement you have right now, I had the same two times. If you can please try to capture picking it up, maybe you can get the sales guy to do it. I did my first pick up and ride. Here it is, you may have seen it. Maybe a photo at lease and post here, we would all like to see it if it is not too personal.
I am so happy for you, you are now Slingshot Family!!
Our First Ride from Picking up Slingshot

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
As you look at the Slingshot for your next purchase, I will show you some things of interest that you may not have thought of. At some point you may need to go under the Slingshot, adding insulation to the floorboard is one major project. My video will introduce some ideas of how to safely get the Slingshot up off the ground and go under.

This is the way I have worked on my underneath the Slingshot and has been great and I do not worry for my safety. Please, use wheel chocks always.

How to safely work under the Slingshot

·
Registered
2020 R SlingShot
13 Posts
We have the 2020R manual. We road all day yesterday up through north ga. Sherry says the flood never heated up at all. Ambient temp in the mid-80s. I think they corrected the problem.

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
We have the 2020R manual. We road all day yesterday up through north ga. Sherry says the flood never heated up at all. Ambient temp in the mid-80s. I think they corrected the problem.
@SpringerRider if you look at the first year models, there was no heat shields like they installed in 2017. I am sure they would make 2020 much better with the floorboard heat issue. Very happy for you and you and Sherry share some photos of your adventures on some of the Post photos threads for all to see. I am going to post some of my ride links for Georgia Roads that i have enjoyed, I am sure you know them well. I show the starting point for some at Helen, Ga for some of the Groups I had to come up from Florida. See how many you know. There is a link to the Subject and ride route.

Places to ride in Northeast Georgia Mountains

Here is a list of Places, Restaurants, and Ride Maps

1. Mercier Orchards Blue Ridge, Ga.
Ride Map

1. Jims Smokin Que Blairsville, Ga.
Ride Map

1. Brasstown Bald Highest Point in Georgia Blairsville, Ga.
Ride Map

1. Toccoa Riverside Restaurant Blue Ridge, Ga.
Ride Map

1. Chevelle 66 Restaurant Murphy, Nc.
Ride Map

1. Chevelle 69 Restaurant Hayesville, Nc.
Ride Map

1. Nantahala Outdoor Center Bryson City, Nc.
Ride Map

1. Dry Falls Highlands, Nc.
Ride Map

1. Tallulah Gorge Loop Trail Tallulah Falls, Ga.
Ride Map

1. Dukes Creek Fall Helen, Ga.
Ride Map

1. Anna Ruby Falls Helen, Ga.
Ride Map

1. Cherohala Skyway Drive Tellico Plains, Tn.
Ride Map

Ride Map

16 Biker Barn North Georgia Mountains

The Gaunlet Ride

101 - 106 of 106 Posts