Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Fueling your car and other vehicle you own has not been a problem. The Slingshot has a slot in the fuel neck that if you are unaware can lead to splash back during fueling the Slingshot. I suggest you watch my video with a staged demonstration of just how to preform a perfect fueling process. Also, you will keep the gas from landing on the deck and looking like you don't know what you are doing. Also, do not over fill the tank, when you have a good steady fueling rate, stop when it shuts off. The tank is designed to have room for expansion. Sometime basic information can sound stupid to experience people, but to firs timers, it is valuable info. This video came about from a request of members for me to show how to fuel and not get splash back. I direct all of my video to the people with no experience or little experience, I know what you need. I have had splash back myself in the beginning. I also give you a tip for Gas Cap Security, a major issue for Slingshot Owners. I did change my application of the velcro to the full corner of the Hoop cover instead of in the center. Give more secure fit.

Fueling the Slingshot and Gas Cap Security
Really nice of you to share all this info..I'm sure there will be lots of folks that will enjoy and learn a lot from you're posts..thanks

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
For the new owners of Slingshots, Daytona Bike week starts this weekend. I live in Fla and have been to Bike week with my motorcycles and with my Slingshot. I want to show a list of some of my Daytona Bike week video. It is a lot of fun to ride "The Looop" and Main Street in Daytona Beach. I cover it all here. If you don't make this one, try next year.
I will place the links to all that I have below.

Daytona Ride on Beach St
Descriptive Ride Main Street Daytona Beach
Daytona Beach Slingshot ride
The Loop Ride at Daytona
Ride to Hidden Treasure Restaurant
Slingshot ride on Daytona Beach Main St

·
Registered
66 Posts
I lived in Kissimmee for 21 years. Yes, Bike Week is quite an experience. ESPECIALLY when is overlaps with Spring Break. You will see things on Speedway Blvd, and at the beach, that you will not believe.

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Folks, if you are looking at the Slingshot for the first time, it is really a fun experience. We don't get the ah look as much now as in 2015 when they were new and no one had seen them. The 2020 models will determine where things go with the Polaris Slingshot. It has had 5 years of Manual Transmission that excluded a lot of folks that did not know how or want to learn to drive. Now they have opened up a new options. For the folks that want to just get in and drive like they are used to may open up new folks to the Slingshot. I hope so, as it is really a true adventure of excitement. Good luck on your choices.

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Ride Command is a great feature. Take the time to lean how to use it. It is not just a 15 min view of a set of instructions. You really need to study the Ride Command Operation manual and supporting documents in the Slingshot Owners Manual. I have not used Ride Command, I had a 2017 model and it only become available on the 2018 Model Slingshot. I will give you a few websites to get you started in your research.

The Ride Command Owners Manual 2018 - 2019 models. This will give details on the use.
.Ride Command Operation

This is a good website to get examples of several operations of the Ride Command operation with maps.
The link is found under the Resource button. There is a lot of information on Polaris Website so review.
Plan map routes

Here is another good site to review, work a look at.
Plan, Ride and Share

The Device you will be using should be investigated as to if it will fully work with Ride Command. It states that not all devices will work. This will be important before you get too far into your investigation and purchase.

Take a look at these website links and also look at your Owners manual for your model and year Slingshot. There is a section on Ride Command. You have some work ahead, but will help with really mastering Ride Command. Good Luck.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks. I figured as much, but I knew you would know for sure.
I got a Japanese motorcycle and a VW in 1966 and do my own maintenance, so I have more metric than SAE tools.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts