Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning Everyone. Brand new to all of this and super excited. Two nights ago I was watching West Coast Customs and saw the episode where they customized Shaq's Slingshot. Never saw one before and had to have it. So yesterday went in and bought a 19' SLR in Icon White.

Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow. The hardest thing for me is to not go crazy on the mods. I glad I found this place to see what can be done tastefully and over time.

I own a growing pool business in Tampa Bay and did think about wrapping it to match my trucks and drive it around on estimates. It would be something completely unique and could be a great advertisement.

See you all around

·
Registered
612 Posts
Welcome to the Wonderful World of Slingshotting, 2019SLR! Glad to have you with us. Like your idea of wrapping yours to match your trucks. Way cheaper and probably more effective advertising than a billboard. I to smile just a bit at your comment about being glad to find this place to see what can be done to a Slingshot tastefully. One thing I've discovered, tastes vary. That's a good thing, I suppose, but what one person thinks is glorious another might think is hideous. Take a Slingshot, for instance! ;) We belong to the Glorious denomination, though the details may vary. Look forward to seeing yours and finding out what you do with it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the Wonderful World of Slingshotting, 2019SLR! Glad to have you with us. Like your idea of wrapping yours to match your trucks. Way cheaper and probably more effective advertising than a billboard. I to smile just a bit at your comment about being glad to find this place to see what can be done to a Slingshot tastefully. One thing I've discovered, tastes vary. That's a good thing, I suppose, but what one person thinks is glorious another might think is hideous. Take a Slingshot, for instance! ;) We belong to the Glorious denomination, though the details may vary. Look forward to seeing yours and finding out what you do with it.
Thanks for posting. You're absolutely right though. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

I do have a "manners" question haha. When I was riding sport bikes... when we see others on the road we'd point two fingers down "like an upside down peace sign" as a salute to another rider. Is there anything like that with the SS's?

·
Registered
612 Posts
There's no "secret handshake" wave that I know about. Maybe I just haven't been told... I see VERY few Slingshots out in the wild around here, but when I do I always wave - left hand palm out to the side at face level. I do that so it can be seen. For an oncoming SS or bike, the down to the side wave could well be hidden behind the left front fender, and I now have a roof, so an above the windshield wave isn't going to be easy. Ah, the bike question. I suppose about 40% of bikers or passengers (there are a LOT of cruisers on my closest highway) will wave at me when I'm in my Slingshot. If they wave first, I always return it. If they don't, I may or may not wave, depending on proximity. On a 4-lane divided highway, maybe not, but on a small country lane, almost always. We Southerners are weird, I know, but we ere more on the side of friendliness than aloofness. I thought this article was both funny and informative. Motorcycle Etiquette: How Not to Wave Like a Dork

·
Registered
81 Posts
Good Morning Everyone. Brand new to all of this and super excited. Two nights ago I was watching West Coast Customs and saw the episode where they customized Shaq's Slingshot. Never saw one before and had to have it. So yesterday went in and bought a 19' SLR in Icon White.

Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow. The hardest thing for me is to not go crazy on the mods. I glad I found this place to see what can be done tastefully and over time.

I own a growing pool business in Tampa Bay and did think about wrapping it to match my trucks and drive it around on estimates. It would be something completely unique and could be a great advertisement.

See you all around
Congrats- I saw same show. As I told Bagggs, when I got my 2016 SL, I looked at "safety" items, "performance" items and then "dress up" items. Your deaaler can help with add-ons. There are also several non -OEM suppliers. Just google and look for them. As with any on-line suppliers, some do great while other don't. I have had good luck with a few of them. I would suggest that you invest a "curb alert" made by Motion Productions. Cost is abouit $150.00 before installation. This alert beeps when the front end comes close to an object such a curb marker.
Have fun. Ride safe.

·
Registered
81 Posts

See you all around
FYI-Go to SlingshotRoadsters.com. for info on events and rides. Also, pics of SS's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts