Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 SLR
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I just bought a 2019 SLR on Monday, picking it up tomorrow. Really stoked; I've wanted one for a while and am happy to finally be getting one. (It's March, and there is still snow on the ground, but it's not like anyone ever argued for my sanity...) I looked at Slingshots last October and saw a red and black SLR at HK Powersports, but it was $32,000 and way outside my price range. This year I started looking at the 2020 models, but was reminded of the $4000 rebate offers, and as luck would have it that same SLR was still available. $25k later and it's all mine. 50 miles on it, including the 10 I put on it for a test ride.

I've been a motorcycle rider for over 20 years, but due to a bad hip I decided it's time to trade two wheels for three. I started on a Katana in 1998, but later changed to an ST-1100 because the Kat wasn't doing my back any favors. The ST-1100 was totaled in 2016 after an idiot in a pickup truck decided that Stop signs are just a suggestion, so I replaced it with an ST-1300. That is now for sale since I can't ride it anymore. :( Just hurts my hip to straddle a bike now. I don't want to lose that "open road" feeling but my 6' long-legged frame doesn't fit in a Miata. :D I'm hoping a Slingshot will fill that need!

I plan on doing a few upgrades to the new Slingshot, like LED lighting and maybe an Apple Carplay. I also need to look into a way to carry stuff, just in case we want to head to the beach for a weekend. (Plenty of time for that though, it's 38 degrees outside right now!)

Glenn

·
Registered
138 Posts
Welcome! As a former New Englander ( that was smart enough to move away from the snow LOL), I hope you really enjoy your new ride! My wife and I also bought a 2019 SLR and haven't stopped smiling since..

·
Registered
377 Posts
Welcome to the insanity! Great job on getting that SLR. You'll find most of the SS owners are also ex-MC owners (I can't count the number of Honda, Yamaha, HD, even Victory's I've had).

One quick recommendation: Ride the SS for a while before you start doing any mods. Things can get real expensive really fast. And then you'll find some new mod that would require you to remove a previous mod.

And don't for get to check the other forum. We can't mention it here, but if you google for SLING SHOT INFOrmation, I'm sure you can find it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome fellow NH rider and the insanity is fun. Got my 16 LE at HK nice folks Luggage racks are a great add on. We went with PRP seats with the heat option since well NH gets a tad chilly here and there the seats help manage Hope to see you on the road and have fun

·
Registered
2019 SLR
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One quick recommendation: Ride the SS for a while before you start doing any mods. Things can get real expensive really fast. And then you'll find some new mod that would require you to remove a previous mod.
One of the things I liked about the 2020 was the LED lighting, so that will most likely be the first thing I do. Other things can wait. It already has a navigation system with the Bluetooth to connect my phone for tunes, so that will be more than enough to get me going.

Glenn

1 - 9 of 9 Posts