Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Vendor
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ladies and Gentlemen! :)

Are you tired of not having your visibility fulfilled by the factory side-view mirrors? If so, this simple riser kit makes all the difference in the world!

Make your mirrors stand at attention with an extra full inch! This mod allows you to swivel the mirrors outward at different angles up to an additional 1.25 inches! We all know, angles are the key to success here. :D

Each riser adds an additional pivot point, which allows you to place the mirror in your favorite position. This sweet spot mod is a must have! Especially for those of you who make your slingshot wear a top while you're driving. Tops add a unique flavor to the ride, but it does obstruct the view.

Check out this hot new mod on our product page here! >>>>
Aluminum Adjustable Mirror Riser Kit for the Polaris Slingshot.

·
Welcome to the Grey Bar Bed and Breakfast.
676 Posts
A much better way to gain a full inch immediately! Those "other" adds that promise to make you bigger if you send them ten dollars in the mail are a scam. They end up sending you a magnifying glass in the return mail, .......or so I've been told.:D

·
Vendor
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A much better way to gain a full inch immediately! Those "other" adds that promise to make you bigger if you send them ten dollars in the mail are a scam. They end up sending you a magnifying glass in the return mail, .......or so I've been told.:D
I know right?! No more feelings of inadequacy when rolling up to a stop light. That extra inch and more angles gave me full confidence in my ability to really check out the rear. :happy:

·
Super Moderator
2,883 Posts
Side note, if you have the Polaris Slingshot Full Trailer Cover, the mirrors will have to be brought in before the cover will fit. As is, the cover doesn't fit when extending the stock setup fully, this new setup can actually make your Slingshot "too big." Sure, you'll have bragging rights and whatnot, but truth is you won't be able to cover your shnuver without deflation frustration. The last words you want to hear are, "It don't fit!"

(And check SlingKing's Before and After pix, he's got a battery-operated mirror.)

·
Vendor
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Side note, if you have the Polaris Slingshot Full Trailer Cover, the mirrors will have to be brought in before the cover will fit. As is, the cover doesn't fit when extending the stock setup fully, this new setup can actually make your Slingshot "too big." Sure, you'll have bragging rights and whatnot, but truth is you won't be able to cover your shnuver without deflation frustration. The last words you want to hear are, "It don't fit!"

(And check SlingKing's Before and After pix, he's got a battery-operated mirror.)
What if you just really put your back in to it? Will it fit then? :)

·
Super Moderator
2,883 Posts
What if you just really put your back in to it? Will it fit then? :)
Putting it in back? Well, that could cause a bit of anxiety, maybe some tearing, and quite a bit of unhappiness in the end. Certain it would be a tight fit. Not to say what your personal success rate might be, but you'd have to push hard, really prod and pry to squeeze it into place, you might be sweating well before you make substantial progress, and even then you might not enjoy the result.

05010251135180_full[1].jpg

Don't even mention how this can ruin one's day...

·
Super Moderator
5,846 Posts
I was riding yesterday and tried to pay extra attention when using my mirrors...imagining the extra height...if my imagination is right it should give more range of rear view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I'm looking forward to seeing some reviews on these. I hate not being able to see around me.
OK, we are curious, after this thread brought this to our attention, during a 200 mile round robin trip yesterday we were paying particular attention to the views provided by our existing rear view mirrors and could not detect any problems using them and couldn't see any advantages to raising them an inch? Actually, it appeared that it would be more advantageous to move them further out, rather than up?

Bill and Justina

·
Vendor
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Charge up your recorder batteries - you should get the first version - and i look forward to a review video.
OK, we are curious, after this thread brought this to our attention, during a 200 mile round robin trip yesterday we were paying particular attention to the views provided by our existing rear view mirrors and could not detect any problems using them and couldn't see any advantages to raising them an inch? Actually, it appeared that it would be more advantageous to move them further out, rather than up?

Bill and Justina
That makes sense. It just depends on how tall you are and how you sit in the Slingshot and where your eyes hit the mirror. These risers also allow you to move them further out like you said. If you think that'll be beneficial you should really give them a try.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts

Bill and Justina
carol & i are seriously looking into these mirror risers/extenders
we agree with you that it would be "advantageous to move them further out"
and we feel that one could angle the mirrors more due to the fact that the factory mirrors are very hard to tilt, afraid we might brake them
*we have added these little mirrors & wow, sure can see the blind spots - one of our best Mods
IMG_0877.JPG

..................................................... tom n carol

·
Registered
121 Posts
Just put a pair of these risers on. Put a V Back top on last week and my only complaint was the upright on the passenger side blocked quite a bit of my mirror. I am only 5'8" and it's not comfortable with the seat moved back far enough so I could see in the mirror, so I immediately bought these risers. They do not solve my problem completely regarding the passenger side, but they do help. I can see much better in the rear than before and on the driver's side there really isn't a comparison as it's that much better. I guess just having an inch more does make a difference! ;) Seeing the improvement now I would buy these even if I didn't have the top. I'm sure my being a short little s... has a lot to do with it. Hope this helps anybody considering buying them. Bottom line is I'm glad I have them.

·
Registered
121 Posts
One thing I forgot to mention is how helpful SlingMods has been to me in the past few weeks with the several purchases I have made, including these risers. Really nice to do business with a company that is actually concerned about customer satisfaction and really makes you feel like your business is appreciated. I have pestered your staff with several calls and they have been helpful, polite, and courteous each and every time. Thank you SlingMods!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts