Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

Have you transitioned from Motorcycle to Slingshot?

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

Thanks for allowing me to be apart of this forum!...My family has always been Harley riders, we go on pretty big trips every year. Well this year the family is getting older (Parents especially) and the motorcycles are starting to beat everyone down a bit more than they used to. Everyone has shown interest in moving over to Slingshots but haven't actually had the time to put the tires to the road in one. We have a motorcycle trip planned in Denver for June but are looking to instead try the slingshots. Unfortunately we've been out of luck trying to find 5 of them to rent. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? It's going to be hard to sell the motorcycles and get into these blind without putting some real time into them so I'm hoping our Denver Motorcycle Trip can be a Denver Slingshot trip!

Thanks in advance!

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,816 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately Eagle Rider has stopped renting anything other than Harley's in every market other than Orlando. It's really a bummer, we're apart of EagleRider and they had Slingshots last year but after the take over (which we're really bummed about) they don't support really anything other than Harley. I e-mailed the rentslingshots.com so I'm hoping to get something out of that.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Unfortunately Eagle Rider has stopped renting anything other than Harley's in every market other than Orlando. It's really a bummer, we're apart of EagleRider and they had Slingshots last year but after the take over (which we're really bummed about) they don't support really anything other than Harley. I e-mailed the rentslingshots.com so I'm hoping to get something out of that.

Thanks!
Where do you live? Have you had seat time in a Slingshot? I spent 20+ years on a Gold Wing and wife thought I was getting old and feeble and should have a 3-wheeler. Saw a picture of the Slingshot and bought in Feb of 2015 and never looked back. I didn't start riding until I was 50 and did 250,000 miles on a Wing and Since Feb 2015 I have 73,000 miles in the seat of the Slingshot.

I'm in Northern Indiana, if your close by (100 miles) come over this way and we can spend the day in the Slingshot.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I don't know anything about renting, and I haven't ridden a motorcycle since college. BUT I can tell you this: a Slingshot is NOT a motorcycle. About the only thing one has in common with the other is the open air feel. For me, that's not a bad thing at all. It's good! In a Slingshot, you're some 5" off the ground, so you feel like you're flying at 45 mph. You don't have to go fast, but you can any time you want. You sit side by side, with comfortable elbow room, so you can yell back and forth without having to have com units. A Slingshot is as wide as a Ford F150 up front, so you're much more visible to traffic than the average motorcycle, even though you're low. It's easy and fun to drive, though far more car-like than motorcycle-like in that regard. Think go cart or jet ski for the road. Tons of fun! You mentioned your parents. I'm 71, and have no problems getting in and out. My wife, though, had a bit of a learning curve. Step in, sit down was not an immediate concept for her. She can drive mine, but hasn't much. Her choice, her loss! That said, I HIGHLY recommend your taking at least one or two Slingshots on your Denver trip, even if others are on bikes. The two play together well. Hope you can find a Sling or two to rent, even if you have to go far afield to get what you want. Just don't approach a Slingshot as a new kind of "motorcycle." It's a new kind of joy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts