Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Todd and Amanda here and we're shopping for our first slingshot. Really debating the savings on the 2019's vs the new features of the 2020's.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Do it Todd! No wrong choice there. The '20s are getting high reviews from existing owners and I can't wait to see one in person but I have no intention of trading in my '16. Where are you located?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Pull the trigger brother!!
You both will be so happy!!
Doesn't matter which one.
It's all about what you want to stare at in your garage.

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
If you are looking at a 2019 SL, SLR or Grand Touring model and comparing it to the 2020 models (SL or R, I believe), it really comes down to how much of a discount you can get on the 2019. Both 2020 models we've seen info on cost about the same as the corresponding 2019 models, but the 2019 Base S model will definitely be cheaper than a 2020 since Polaris isn't offering a corresponding model for 2020. Keep in mind the 2020 SL-equivalent model comes with the automatic transmission, but the 2020 R model charges an extra $1700 or so for the automatic model. All of the reviews I've seen certainly seem to feel the 2020 Slingshot is many of the things a lot of people wish the first generation Slingshots had had.
I have a 2015 Base Slingshot hat I had repainted and added a Hahn Stage 2 turbo kit and am now on my 4th stereo setup (I like the mod experience). Although I like some of the features I've read about on the 2020 models, with the recent stock market drops and resulting impact on my retirement funds, I'll have to keep my 2015 since I can't afford to start the mod fun over again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts