Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

New Member, Just Put A Deposit on Slingshot SL

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  brucewinter 
#1 ·
I am extremely excited to be a part of this forum! I just ensured I get the first and only SL in the area by putting down a $5K deposit, couldn't be happier! I'm very much looking forward to forced induction discussions.

#3 ·
Yes I am a Texas Aggie! I'm actually living in Louisiana now. I'm recently relocated due to my career. So I guess I'm an Aggie and a ****-ass...there's a good joke in there somewhere. I'll keep y'all posted. My dealer had said that of the dealerships that qualify to sell the Slingshot, that most will receive 3 units initially. 1 must be available for demo and stay on the floor at all times and 2 for sale. I think most dealers are keeping one for themselves, so essentially that leaves 1 per dealership. He said delivery is late September. The final price after taxes was around $28K

#7 ·
I Put my deposit down today on a SL.
It was 1295.00 for freight
and 495.00 for prep-install
145.00 Inspection-title fees -license can doc fees
tax 1503.00
Total 27437.00

Talked to 2 other dealer in the Dallas metro plex and were charging about 500.00 for for freight and prep

As a note trading in my can am spider rss

#12 ·
Thank you for the greetings!

I was charged $695 and $695 for freight and prep. Tax in my area is 10%. I was told by the GM that freight and setup can differ greatly among dealerships and that a lot of dealers are charging almost double that price. It seems one way or another the SL is adding up to around $28K for most. I still think it's a hell of a deal compared to a Campagna T-Rex, which I was contemplating buying before I discovered the Slingshot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.