Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was hyped up and ready to buy my slingshot. Agreed to pay $380 a month which was fine by me. But then came time to provide insurance. My insurance company USAA stated they do not cover slingshots. Called geico, nationwide, rider, foremost, farmers and all said they don’t cover it either. Then I call progressive and they wanted $188 a month! That’s ridiculous considering I can only drive this half the year... anyone in New Jersey have different insurance that isn’t $2,000+ a year?

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
There are only 5 or 6 Insurance companies in the US who write insurance on the Slingshot... Nationwide and Allstate are two of the companies. Costs are all over the place, depending on your own record and where you live. Spend some time shopping around and you should come up with something that works for you.

·
Registered
589 Posts
i was hyped up and ready to buy my slingshot. Agreed to pay $380 a month which was fine by me. But then came time to provide insurance. My insurance company USAA stated they do not cover slingshots. Called geico, nationwide, rider, foremost, farmers and all said they don’t cover it either. Then I call progressive and they wanted $188 a month! That’s ridiculous considering I can only drive this half the year... anyone in New Jersey have different insurance that isn’t $2,000+ a year?
I have Foremost and it was about $658.00 for full coverage

·
Registered
158 Posts
State Farm in NJ isn't going to insure my Slingshot after being with them since 2015. Is State Farm dropping coverage for Slingshots? I've got 20 days to find coverage Should've opened up that envelope that I was told was sent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts