Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Vendor
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies and Gentlemen. :)

Are you looking for a head unit for your base model? Maybe an upgrade for your SL? If so, we have the perfect solution!

The Clarion CMS 5

It took our team at Slingmods a long time to find the perfect audio receiver. We didn't rest until we found one that would meet the expectations of our customers. We knew it had to be 100% waterproof and it is. In fact, the Clarion CMS5 has an IP67 rating, which means it's completely protected against dust and it's protected from water immersion between 15 centimeters and 1 meter in depth!

We also needed our Audio Receiver to be scalable and we needed it to include all the features our customers would want. The Clarion CMS5 has AM/FM/Weather Band Radio, support for Bluetooth, Pandora, Dual USB, iPhone, iPad, Aux RCA Inputs, Sirius XM Satellite, dual cameras and more!

When you order this item from slingmods.com , you'll receive a FREE Billet Aluminum Mounting Plate that has been fabricated to perfectly fit the opening in the dash of your Slingshot!

If you're looking for an entire audio system, the Clarion CMS 5 and one of our SSV Works Stereo Systems would be the perfect combination!

Clarion CMS5 Features & Benefits:
⦁ MP3, WMA, MP4 Compatible with ID3-TAG Display
⦁ 18 FM/ 12 AM Presets & Weather Band Tuner
⦁ Watertight Black Box with IP66 Rating
⦁ 6-Channel / 4-Volt RCA Output (Front + Rear + Subwoofer) (2-Channel Rear Zone)
⦁ 2-Zone Entertainment
⦁ Dual 2.1 amp USB Ports
⦁ iPod®/iPhone® video playback with CCA750
⦁ Built-In Bluetooth® (HFP, A2DP, AVRCP 1.4)
⦁ SiriusXM-Ready™ with iTunes® Tagging (Optional SiriusXM-Connect Vehicle Tuner)
⦁ Weather Resistant Deutsch Style Connectors with Pigtails for USB, RCA's, SiriusXM™, and Wired Remote Controllers
⦁ 50W x 4 Built-In Amplifier (works with factory Polaris SL speaker pods)
⦁ Meets ASTM B117 (Salt/Fog Exposure)
⦁ Meets ASTM D4329 (UV Exposure)
⦁ Waterproof 4.3" Color LCD Controller (IP67)
⦁ HumiSeal Coated PCB
⦁ Pandora Control via USB iPod/iPhone App (bluetooth or wired)
⦁ Wireless IR Remote Included
⦁ Dual Audio/Video Composite RCA Inputs
⦁ Composite RCA Video Output
⦁ Dedicated Composite Rear Vision Camera Input
⦁ Wired remote ready with Optional MW1/MW2/MW4
⦁ Wireless RF Marine Remote Control Ready with Optional MF1 Remote Kit

Check out the CMS 5 here >>>>> Clarion CMS5 Audio Receiver for the Polaris Slingshot

·
Registered
663 Posts
I hope you do something non-amplified for us who bought the SSV/RF package... I really was hoping for a unique product, not just something you can put together off the shelf :(

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
This is a sweet set-up right here.

Lots of features, good quality, and looks stock to the Sling!

Reactions: WingShot

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,169 Posts
I think it's one of the best applications for the sling and waterproof. It has more features than the average guy will use but the good thing is you can. I'm sure @Shack can chime in since he has been using one for awhile now.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Love the design, but hard to believe it's not touch screen. I couldn't find a touch screen marine grade stereo so must be a technological consideration. Seems like a solid alternative to the stock system but after speakers, pods, camera and everything, I think they are going to punch the same price point.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I love my cms5 and fab factory bezel. It was/is the best option on the market available for the ss imo. Lcd screen, waterproof, 2 camera ports(front/rear camera option), bluetooth, Sirius, pandora, 2 usb charge ports, one port is rated to charge tablets(2.1?)...there's so many things you could do with this head unit with a little creativity. Looks factory too

·
Registered
978 Posts
Is it possible to have Navigation on the display through an Iphone? There's a note about video playback via CCA750 cable but that cable is for older Iphones only not ones with a lightning plug.

·
Registered
147 Posts
did you guys ever figure out a rear view camera that would work with this unit and pop into the factory camera mount hole? that is literally the only thing holding off my purchase.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
did you guys ever figure out a rear view camera that would work with this unit and pop into the factory camera mount hole? that is literally the only thing holding off my purchase.
We have a plug n play camera interface harness that will work with the factory SL Camera and has reverse trigger or switch control. (in production) Next is plug n play for aftermarket camera's for base model customers. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
92 Posts
There is an aftermarket camera that fits the factory location/housing. just need to file it the diameter slightly, I used a round file. For hookup, I used clarionmikes relay approach. Not sure if you meant integration with factory camera, or just location. IOf you mean an aftermarket that fits the oem housing let me know and I will dig up the model number

·
Registered
797 Posts
There is an aftermarket camera that fits the factory location/housing. just need to file it the diameter slightly, I used a round file. For hookup, I used clarionmikes relay approach. Not sure if you meant integration with factory camera, or just location. IOf you mean an aftermarket that fits the oem housing let me know and I will dig up the model number
please do.

·
out of POSER Status-Almost in the BIG BOY clique'
1,478 Posts
Think you need to add a relay and good to go....My guy said it can be done, not that important to me, But maybe I'll hook up??

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yep I was look for an aftermarket camera that would pop in the stock location. Seeing that the oem camera seems to be causing radio interference with the stock head unit.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts