Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang. First post. Very much looking into getting an SS.

Long story, but a longtime car enthusiast and just coming off of my second Lotus Elise. Just sold it for personal reasons and frankly, we are about to enter Vortex 2.0 here in Chicago, so thinking a new toy will be in order come thaw time.

Add to that, I'm also working with Polaris corporate right now on a marketing project (not SS related per se) so hoping to leverage that angle.

Another local fellow former Lotus owner is high on the list at one of the local dealers here.

So, I have a couple of questions/requests:

- does anyone have a photo of the Base interior/dash? I know it does not come with the fancy infotainment system. Is the opening still there? Is it a standard opening for a double din HU? Thinking about options.

- does a photo exist of just the body panels themselves removed from the vehicle? I've seen pics of the exoskeleton/tube frame, but not the actual panels themselves. Just like the Lotus, I think these vehicles scream to be in loud skittles colors (orange, Lambo or Kawasaki Green, ice white, shelby or grabber blue, etc). Would love to see what the removed panels look like and/or how easy they are to remove. Assuming they can be removed easily, that would make for a much easier and less expensive after purchase paint or wrap job.

Thanks and looking forward to getting smart on these things and sharing in your enthusiasm as you start to take delivery (in time for the cold weather!).

·
Registered
434 Posts
Did you even bother to look at the forum before you posted this?
There are literally hundreds of photos in the gallery of every possible thing on the SS.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you even bother to look at the forum before you posted this?
There are literally hundreds of photos in the gallery of every possible thing on the SS.
Yes, I did. However, I didn't find those exact photos. Every interior photo I've seen shows the base grey with stereo or the red SL with stereo. Also, I did not find any photos showing how the panels fasten and or the panels removed from the car - just the tube frame chassis.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all. I did see those photos (that's the batch with the tape measure, I believe).

To my eyes, that looks to be a standard double din size opening, yes?

And if the vehicle is NOT equipped with the stereo package, that's how it comes? Effectively and open black hole? No sort of plastic blanking plate?

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Thanks all. I did see those photos (that's the batch with the tape measure, I believe).

And if the vehicle is NOT equipped with the stereo package, that's how it comes? Effectively and open black hole? No sort of plastic blanking plate?
The speaker pods are one contiguous set that bolt into an empty area of the footwells.

2880549_3.png
2880580_2.png

·
Registered
619 Posts
Swinglo, a good place to see close ups and removal of the panels is in the Slingshot Service Training Videos thread. Then if you scroll down in the thread there are two more close up walk around videos.
I think you will get the info you are seeking there. There are a total of 6 videos posted.

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts

Yes, all Grey SS will come like this unless you order the media package. It is more of a cubby. There is a finished bin in there which you can store something in (like driving gloves!) but otherwise there is no cover to close it off. I am sure one could be fashioned.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Swinglo, a good place to see close ups and removal of the panels is in the Slingshot Service Training Videos thread. Then if you scroll down in the thread there are two more close up walk around videos.
I think you will get the info you are seeking there. There are a total of 6 videos posted.
Thanks gang. I can see now. While the speaker pods are interesting, based on what I'm reading on the electronics forum, there will be much better aftermarket options for both the DIY guys and folks to make cool aftermarket bits.

This helps confirm it for me - base model it is. Still hoping to see a blown up diagram of the panels removed to see what a vinyl wrap or repaint job will entail.

Man, these things will look incredible in Lotus Chrome Orange or Lambo Ithaca Verde (Lambo Green) or Corvette Millennium Yellow!

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Thanks gang. I can see now. While the speaker pods are interesting, based on what I'm reading on the electronics forum, there will be much better aftermarket options for both the DIY guys and folks to make cool aftermarket bits.

This helps confirm it for me - base model it is. Still hoping to see a blown up diagram of the panels removed to see what a vinyl wrap or repaint job will entail.

Man, these things will look incredible in Lotus Chrome Orange or Lambo Ithaca Verde (Lambo Green) or Corvette Millennium Yellow!
Swinglo, have you looked at the fiche diagrams yet to see if that helps you?: http://parts.polarisind.com/Assemblies.asp

The speaker pod plastic casing is also available separately, you can buy the inner and outer shells where the three speaker spund system array wires into for the lefthand and righthand sides for about $500. Not a terrific price, when you consider one complete speaker assembly costs that much, but at least you can install a piece of bodywork that will be guaranteed to fit into that spot.

·
Registered
2020 Slingshot Grand Touring Chan Chew Two
780 Posts
Looks like they (Polaris) has put a dealer access only userid and password. does anyone have a version before they added new security?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts