Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 R Autodrive
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just bought a couple new helmets and I am having a few issues. To start with these are my first full helmets I have two Harley brand helmet but they are not full and the face shields do not cover the mouth. I am having fogging issues with both of these full helmets. The first one I bought is a Daytona modular and I really like it. It has the double lens to prevent fogging so only my eye glasses fog. I bought a second full helmet that has Bluetooth and the blue color trim on it matches my SS almost perfect. It fogs both the shield and my glasses bad when sitting still but when riding I raise the shield to get some air flow. What is the best product to prevent the fogging? I have RainX on them now. My Paint ball mask had build in fans that helped a little.

Second problem. How to you put these things on with out folding your ears over I am going to end up looking like my lab. No room to get fingers in to unfold ears. The modular helmet isn't as bad but like I said it don't match the SlingShot Miami Blue and we know how important that is. Don

·
Registered
41 Posts
I rode motorcycles before. The fogging is handled by a front vent near your mouth to allow airflow through. I had an Arai helmet before that handled this well. I think when you stop it is virtually impossible to not get any fog unless you lift your shield up or crack it slightly.

On your ears folding over consider your hand placement when putting the helmet on. Thumb on the inside where your ears are that push the cushion back as you're pulling down the helmet over your head.

·
Registered
2020 R Autodrive
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks C_Man I will learn to live with it. Tilting the face shield up at a stop sign is no problem. I don't even mind leaving it up a little when riding the fresh air in the face is something I miss wearing the full helmet. I enjoy not wearing one in riding the SS and it is not required in Florida. The wind noise is just a little to much with my hearing aids and I am sure a little more protection doesn't hurt either. Don

·
Registered
2020 R Autodrive
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks @EjFord I ordered some off of amazon just now. I was able to get the helmet on to day with using fingers inside the helmet but when I took the helmet off my hearing aid went flying. This should help. Don

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Don I think you will like the helmet liner....been using them since I started riding... Not that long I didn't start riding MC until age 49... I have tried to catch up on the miles.
Thanks @EjFord I ordered some off of amazon just now. I was able to get the helmet on to day with using fingers inside the helmet but when I took the helmet off my hearing aid went flying. This should help. Don

·
Registered
2020 R Autodrive
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If my ears weren't so big I might not have this problem. when I was a little kid my mom's boss used to call me Dumbo and would ask me if I could fly. Now that I have a SS I can. Don

·
Registered
8 Posts
You may not like my response but the solution to your problem is to wear a nylon skull cap. Cycle Gear sell them as a good accessory to wear in hot weather when your head sweats but they are also valuable for keeping big ears or ear phones in place when the helmet goes on.

·
Registered
2020 R Autodrive
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought a 3 pack and also a winter one. They are a big help but do make sliding my glasses on after I get the helmet on a challenge. I maybe old but I am learning.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts