Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm Paul, general manager with Extreme Powersports in Columbus GA. Just wanted to say hello as we will be a Slingshot dealer after the Polaris dealer show this weekend. I'm trying to learn as much as I can about this amazing ride before the big unveil! Also looking forward to having our demo unit on the ground and ready to show it off! I think this thing is going to take the industry by storm like the Can-Am Spyders have.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Welcome Paul! We are happy to hear about a dealer that is as excited about this vehicle as we are. Definitely keep us posted on what you hear. Also, this forum is mobile friendly so please be sure to upload info as soon as you get it at the dealer show :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi Paul,

Is your dealership related to the Motorsports group with Mark Tack, where they charge huge fees for "Prep / Assembly" and "Delivery" on top of the price of the vehicle? I used to be in the motorcycle / ATV / jetski business and while Mark himself is an extremely kind man, he runs a tyrannical and distasteful business practice.

Reason I am asking is that I will not be buying my Slingshot from a Polaris dealer here in AZ, as all of them are owned by this group.

I'm hoping to buy out of state, enjoy the drive home, and call it a day.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We are not associated with Mark Tack (never heard of him honestly). We do have Freight and Setup up costs that vary based on the unit and what the manufacturers bill, but I am not willing to lose a customer over that. I can have someone pick you up at the Atlanta airport and chauffeur you to the dealership. We are also a Spyder dealer, so we know very well how to work with our high-end clientele!

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
I haven't shopped the local dealers here yet but I will keep you in mind if things go poorly in my area. I did fly down to Atlanta, purchase a Shelby, and drive it back home the same day, in 2012, so the experience isn't foreign to me.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thank you. High end? Nice.
We are not associated with Mark Tack (never heard of him honestly). We do have Freight and Setup up costs that vary based on the unit and what the manufacturers bill, but I am not willing to lose a customer over that. I can have someone pick you up at the Atlanta airport and chauffeur you to the dealership. We are also a Spyder dealer, so we know very well how to work with our high-end clientele!
Well, I'm sure glad to hear that sir. Thank you for the hospitable invitation.

Fees I personally saw added onto retail price were just outlandish. I'm talking $500-800 on top of a $1500 Yamaha PW50... and it goes up depending on vehicle retail price.

When we sold a GSX-R600 or an SV 650, They would break up the charges for Freight, show $500-700 for that, and then Prep and Assembly for another $800. Higher end bikes like an R1 were a min of $2000 total for fees...

Goldwings were freaking INSANE... They'd show $1200-1500 for Freight, and another $1200-1500 for assembly.

If anyone else in AZ is looking to buy a Slingshot, be aware of the RideNow Powersports group "Freight / Prep / Assembly" garbage. Apparently they own all the motorsport stores in Phoenix, Tucson, Las Vegas, North Carolina, Ocala FL, Washington...

·
Registered
19 Posts

Fees I personally saw added onto retail price were just outlandish. I'm talking $500-800 on top of a $1500 Yamaha PW50... and it goes up depending on vehicle retail price.

When we sold a GSX-R600 or an SV 650, They would break up the charges for Freight, show $500-700 for that, and then Prep and Assembly for another $800. Higher end bikes like an R1 were a min of $2000 total for fees...

Goldwings were freaking INSANE... They'd show $1200-1500 for Freight, and another $1200-1500 for assembly.

If anyone else in AZ is looking to buy a Slingshot, be aware of the RideNow Powersports group "Freight / Prep / Assembly" garbage. Apparently they own all the motorsport stores in Phoenix, Tucson, Las Vegas, North Carolina, Ocala FL, Washington...
The ones in my area of North Carolina are not owned by RideNow Powersports. Maybe in the Charlotte area, but not in the Raleigh/Fayetteville/Jacksonville/Wilmington/Outer Banks area. My Dealer is Twin Counties in Rocky Mount, NC. They own themselves.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts

I bought my CanAm Commander XT from a RideNow dealer. They tried to play hardball with crazy markups and extras. Best advice is just to play hardball right back and be prepared to walk if necessary. OTOH, this may not be the case on a pre-release vehicle like the SS is right now. I just sucked it up and paid the high freight and "dealer prep" but just say no to BS stuff like ADP (additional dealer profit). It was STILL more than the equivalent charges on a $75k BMW M4! That's life I guess....

·
Registered
432 Posts

I remember going into the Las Vegas location, the acted like he was doing me a favor to show me a GL1800. i bought one in Cali, the following year I made it a point to go back to that dleshp on Boulder hwy, contacted the sales mgr and showedd him my new GL1800 and told him about my experience at his place, turn around, shock my ass and farted, as i left.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Very interesting and convenient for a customer to be able to see the two very different machines together in order to make a decision.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yeah I live in Vegas, Ridenow is horrible. They will lie straight to your face. They wanted 1500 for freight 1500 for set up and 400 for doc fees. I ended up putting a down payment in St George for about 950 freight/setup and doc fees. About the lying part, their sales person said the setup fee was 1500 due to the fact that they will be shipped in crates, so they basically have to assemble them in house. When I stated that these will be delivered basically like a car (per Polaris rep) their response was no they were told by Polaris they will need to be put together. So yep thanks but no thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
The Slingshot will not be shipped in crates and there is nothing to assemble for the dealers. They will be shipped complete and ready to run from Polaris. They are simply driving them onto the trucks and off at the dealer full of fluids and ready to ride.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts