Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have been into motorcycles since 1973 and still riding ( 02 1800 Goldwing ). I have spent the last ten years in the Corvette world, the last 3 years in a c6z06. Sold the vette last month and was wondering what would take its place looks like I might have found it.. I am going to try and see one in person soon if I like it I will order one. Living in Michigan and being snowed in for the next 4 months I am not really in any hurry to take delivery. Just wanted to say hello and get as much info on these as I can.

·
Thank You All, You Know Who You Are!
3,685 Posts
Welcome from another Michigander. Just got mine yesterday, as you know it has been cold and wet. Or snowy if you are up north. Still so much fun, you won't be disappointed. There is already tons of info from all the guys and gals here. Take it in slow, or your brain will hurt.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Welcome from another Michiganders from me as well. Wolf has his SL now, I'm still waiting for mine to be delivered. We're both located in se Michigan.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Welcome! :)

·
Registered
619 Posts
Slolane, welcome to a great bunch of SS zealots. I am in Northern MI where we have had Winter prematurely and severe. Sled not SS weather. Ski hills are open up already here first time this early in over 20 years. We expect huge crowds over the holidays. COC loves it.

·
3,685 Posts
The west side Grand Rapids area. Thanks for all the welcomes learning a lot and these things look like a blast!
Even with our current weather, ear to ear grin. Just bust out the snowmobile gear. Works great, no snow boots though, they are too wide. No wind gets at your lower legs still wear your bibs. Comfy cosie

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Even with our current weather, ear to ear grin. Just bust out the snowmobile gear. Works great, no snow boots though, they are too wide. No wind gets at your lower legs still wear your bibs. Comfy cosie
I just wonder how warm it will be on a hot day with no air on the legs and the engine heat. How about wind noise on the freeway? Thanks for the info

·
3,685 Posts
I just wonder how warm it will be on a hot day with no air on the legs and the engine heat. How about wind noise on the freeway? Thanks for the info
The radio gets loud enough, and it adjust volume to your speed. Wind noise on freeway was only bad today 60mph gusts. You do get the normal lane nudge from a side gust that you get with most vehicles. Not as bad as getting pushed on a bike. Sat and Sunday could yell to wife while both wearing full helmets, visors down and understand each other. The same floor panels blocking cold wind should block engine heat as well. Might get that heat rise from around the sides like on a bike. Though I felt no extra warmth while stopped at lights. So we should be fine in summer except for the glorious sun wrath. Wife says glove box does keep gloves warm, not hot.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Walked into Full throttle motorsports today and put a deposit on a SS hope to see it in the spring. I must thank Kip and Doug for a great deal they worked very hard to make it happen. Thank you to the forum for all the info and answering my questions I think I am going to like it here lol

·
3,685 Posts
Walked into Full throttle motorsports today and put a deposit on a SS hope to see it in the spring. I must thank Kip and Doug for a great deal they worked very hard to make it happen. Thank you to the forum for all the info and answering my questions I think I am going to like it here lol
You won't be disappointed. I hope the timing works perfectly for you, what ever perfect is to you. Life is sometimes hard to put in a schedule.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts