Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Just wanted to introduce myself.
I was an early adopter of the Spyder and after reading all the posts about people waiting for thier units, It
brought back all the memories of waiting for it.
I put my deposit down a full year before I ever saw it. I think Polaris will do a far better job getting the
Slingshot to the buyers.
I sold my Spyder a few months ago. It was for the most part a good experience over the six years
I had it.
I am looking forward to getting my hands on a SS in the spring!
Best Regards,
Tim

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Welcome! I'm a former Sypder owner myself! I think the SS is going to be even more fun!

Reactions: tjmehaf

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. I followed the spyder myself for a few years. Just never got around to purchasing one. I will say the guys over on the spyder forums can be pretty creative with coming up with tweaks and changes to their machines. I hope you're bringing that ingenuity over to us. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi and welcome to the forum. I followed the spyder myself for a few years. Just never got around to purchasing one. I will say the guys over on the spyder forums can be pretty creative with coming up with tweaks and changes to their machines. I hope you're bringing that ingenuity over to us. ;)
I had serial #1960 in production that being said the systems utilized on the Spyder did have some issues. There was a few recalls and issues but being new technology that was to be expected.
I think the systems used on the SS are GM systems with a proven track record. That in itself should make it pretty reliable.
By the time I was done with my Spyder I could change it from sport ryding to touring in 10 minutes.
It will be fun to see where this new ride will take us...with owner events and whatnot the uses the
SS will see will be all over the spectrum!

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Welcome to the best Forum ever!

Hope Illinois gets delivery in the next day or two ... For you and me!

Reactions: tjmehaf

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi,
Just wanted to introduce myself.
I was an early adopter of the Spyder and after reading all the posts about people waiting for thier units, It
brought back all the memories of waiting for it.
I put my deposit down a full year before I ever saw it. I think Polaris will do a far better job getting the
Slingshot to the buyers.
I sold my Spyder a few months ago. It was for the most part a good experience over the six years
I had it.
I am looking forward to getting my hands on a SS in the spring!
Best Regards,
Tim
GO Illinois

·
Registered
243 Posts
Count me in.
We can get matching shorts and have secret handshakes and s**t

Welcome. Some good info here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My brother and I just went on Friday, the 12th of Dec. and placed our deposits for 2 of the SS-SL, Ron from Woodstock said we can expect them this month actually. So we are excited to see these actually come to life. We did not test drive them, but based on this forum and reviews, WE CAN'T WAIT!

I would like to see if we can set up a meet in early spring to build a community around these.

I am all about customizing and building peak performance and comfort luxuries. Here are some of my ideas

Windscreens-to help keep that insides noise down and be able to drive this to business meetings without having to wear a hat.

Tech Gadgets-iPhone 6 mount and integrations, Bluetooth headphones that eliminate wind noise and provide great audio feedback for calls while driving.

Customizing-Wrap vs PlastiDip. I am all about uniqueness and creative. So I want to see what we can do to these things.

Performance-Build a community of aftermarket parts, Intake, Exhaust, Tune, Tires etc...

RoadTrips-Get on the road and let's plan some long distance events.

Just some ideas....look forward to being part of the team.

·
Registered
88 Posts
My brother and I just went on Friday, the 12th of Dec. and placed our deposits for 2 of the SS-SL, Ron from Woodstock said we can expect them this month actually. So we are excited to see these actually come to life. We did not test drive them, but based on this forum and reviews, WE CAN'T WAIT!

I would like to see if we can set up a meet in early spring to build a community around these.

I am all about customizing and building peak performance and comfort luxuries. Here are some of my ideas

Windscreens-to help keep that insides noise down and be able to drive this to business meetings without having to wear a hat.

Tech Gadgets-iPhone 6 mount and integrations, Bluetooth headphones that eliminate wind noise and provide great audio feedback for calls while driving.

Customizing-Wrap vs PlastiDip. I am all about uniqueness and creative. So I want to see what we can do to these things.

Performance-Build a community of aftermarket parts, Intake, Exhaust, Tune, Tires etc...

RoadTrips-Get on the road and let's plan some long distance events.

Just some ideas....look forward to being part of the team.
I found some really cool carbon fiber wraps Would love a Spring Meeting Any where in IL . I driven my slingshot every day since I got it, my kids love and and for once my wife does too

1 - 20 of 23 Posts