Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to introduce ourselves. My wife and I have been thinking about getting something with three wheels for when we can't ride our bikes anymore. Stopped in today to try a Slingshot on for size and loved it, quickly put down a deposit on an SL. Now have to sell a couple of the bikes to make some room...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just want to introduce ourselves. My wife and I have been thinking about getting something with three wheels for when we can't ride our bikes anymore. Stopped in today to try a Slingshot on for size and loved it, quickly put down a deposit on an SL. Now have to sell a couple of the bikes to make some room...

·
Registered
242 Posts
Welcome...
I love my Spyder, but when I saw that Slingshot in person today, the Spyder is history...LOL! The dealer's demo Slingshot FAR exceeded what I was expecting from just seeing pics of it! Again...welcome to both you and your wife!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Welcome! You're going to love it...:)

·
Registered
532 Posts
Congratulations on the purchase.
The two of you will really enjoy the SS once you receive it.
The wife and I went with the SS so we are sitting down just like in a vehicle.
Will be alot easier on us older folks also. Nicer sitting next to each other. Just a much better experience all-around.
Welcome to the family.:)

·
Thank You All, You Know Who You Are!
3,685 Posts
Welcome, you won't be disappointed. Everything you need or want to know is hidden in this forum somewhere. Enjoy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Went out for a demo ride today. Even though it was damp out and had to take it easy, it was still a ball to drive. Found out we were #9 on the waiting list with 3,4, and 5 up for delivery now. Were thinking about waiting until April to take ours, but told them we'd take it as soon as it came in!

Reactions: heffa

·
Registered
8 Posts
My brother and I just went on Friday, the 12th of Dec. and placed our deposits for 2 of the SS-SL, Ron from Woodstock said we can expect them this month actually. So we are excited to see these actually come to life. We did not test drive them, but based on this forum and reviews, WE CAN'T WAIT!

I would like to see if we can set up a meet in early spring to build a community around these.

I am all about customizing and building peak performance and comfort luxuries. Here are some of my ideas

Windscreens-to help keep that insides noise down and be able to drive this to business meetings without having to wear a hat.

Tech Gadgets-iPhone 6 mount and integrations, Bluetooth headphones that eliminate wind noise and provide great audio feedback for calls while driving.

Customizing-Wrap vs PlastiDip. I am all about uniqueness and creative. So I want to see what we can do to these things.

Performance-Build a community of aftermarket parts, Intake, Exhaust, Tune, Tires etc...

RoadTrips-Get on the road and let's plan some long distance events.

Just some ideas....look forward to being part of the team.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts