Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering when the thermal exhaust will be shipped. This is JIm Davis and I ordered one for the 2016 SL. Also I have the header and CAT delete installed and the delete points to the food box with no room for the muffler.

·
Vendor
2,226 Posts
wondering when the thermal exhaust will be shipped. This is JIm Davis and I ordered one for the 2016 SL. Also I have the header and CAT delete installed and the delete points to the food box with no room for the muffler.
They are shipping today :) Should have gotten an email with tracking information for your order today. Let us know if you did not.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Me and my friend we were looking at this exhaust. Can you let us know how the install went and how it sounds. In the video it sounds good but would like another opinion. If you can keep us posted after you install yours Jim.
Thanks

·
Vendor
2,226 Posts
Me and my friend we were looking at this exhaust. Can you let us know how the install went and how it sounds. In the video it sounds good but would like another opinion. If you can keep us posted after you install yours Jim.
Thanks
Here is a link to the demo video below which goes over how it sounds compared to stock. The installation video should be live either later tonight or tomorrow!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks
OK I’ll let u know when I get it installed. Found out the business that I bought the slingshot from are going to pick up the slingshot and replace the rear wheel under warranty. Found out the wheel was bent

·
Registered
6 Posts
The installation video is now posted on slingmods website. Looks pretty easy but will need to have a lift in order to slightly move the transmission upward for a moment...think i will be paying the local shop to do this one. They are only charging me $170.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Looks like the new thermal exhaust system is shipping out. E mail said today expect delivery wednesday 2-27-2019. I am ready to see how this works and sounds. Only worried i have is exhaust fumes coming back in the riders compartment.But i will know all about that Thursday.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I bought a new stainless steel cat delete pipe that i am going to install with the new exhaust and see how it works. I have been holding off powder coating it as of now to see how it acts. If all is good i will take it back off an take it to the power coating shop and have it ceramic coated and reinstall it. I don't see no need in coating it if i can't use it. I hate to do work twice but the power coating shop said about $50.00 to ceramic coat it in side an out side i have already payed $170.00 for the pipe. I don't see the need to put any more money in something that does not work. If it does not work i will have to put the factory cat pipe back on and see how that works. When i get this all worked out i will post everything that i have encountered with this install plus pictures.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the cat delete pipe on the header already and it points to the foot box about 5 inches away. It looks like it is not going to work with the thermal exhaust system. I don’t have the exhaust yet to know for shure. Not until next Thursday. I will keep you posted and let you know

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think most are wanting to know if you encounter any fumes in the cabin? In the video they talk about no fumes,but they are using it as a cat back system which should eliminate most! However, with the cat delete you may get some, or a lot depending! I would think being low, and out wouldn’t be too bad, and what the heck it sounds, and looks awesome Please keep us posted

·
Registered
72 Posts
Here is a link to the demo video below which goes over how it sounds compared to stock. The installation video should be live either later tonight or tomorrow!

Off the topic but is that just a sunshade frame on the blue sling? Can you provide data please?

·
Vendor
2,226 Posts
Off the topic but is that just a sunshade frame on the blue sling? Can you provide data please?
That would be the Bullet Speed V-Back Canvas Top without the Canvas on. Due to being in socal most of the time being pretty good weather we usually rock the not canvas look and if it gets too hot than we put the canvas on.. Sadly all under covers today as its raining on and off here today..

·
Vendor
2,226 Posts
Deliveries of the Exhaust have begun as well! We are hoping to get customer feedback soon. Most likely over the weekend when everyone will have more time to install, let us know what you all think of the Thermal Touring Exhaust!

·
Vendor
2,226 Posts
Well it looks like my new ceramic stainless steel exhaust install is going to be put on hold for a day or two. Opened the box yesterday and found this. So much for quality control. . View attachment 174119 View attachment 174123 View attachment 174121 View attachment 174125
Apologies for that piece coming in like that. To be clear, this would be the 1320 downpipe and not a piece from the thermal exhaust. We are having your replacement shipped out today with a return label for that one!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Does this system require deleting the Cat, and go right to the exhaust manifold?
The way understand it you can install it with the factory cat or a cat delete pipe. The exhaust system comes with a new muffler that bolts to the existing manifold. 20190228_185404.jpg ( minus the cat delete pipe)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I hope to install mine Wednesday. Looks like and easy install. Hopefully someone will get there's installed this weekend and let us here how it sounds. thumbnail_20190301_182152.jpg 20190301_183016.jpg 20190228_185346.jpg

1 - 20 of 43 Posts