Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Too bad the website is only accepting reservations and doesn't mention any real specs like range, charging time and MSRP.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I see a lot of similarities to the Slingshot, including the "wing" front fenders. But what caught my eye was the rear wheel and what appears to be a belt drive. I don't see a driveshaft, but it's hard to tell.

Of all things I would like to have had changed, that would have been #1 on my priority list.

Oh....maybe it's front wheel drive, direct to the electric motors.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Too bad the website is only accepting reservations and doesn't mention any real specs like range, charging time and MSRP.
MSRP $27,250
Website is garbage. Black text over dark parts of the image. Very unprofessional, not even sure it's an actual product.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
The occupants are wearing helmets.............................

Bill
I took another look at the website. I'm convinced everything is computer generated, not one real photo. The product doesn't exist. Nearly impossible to make a computer generated person's face without knowing, so helmets.

Also the disclaimer at the bottom, paraphrasing, "the images of this item may not be what you get based on redesign'.

The websites, in my mind, are meant to see if there is a desire for such a product, and if there is, use that list of responders to get funding from investors.

Reactions: wjfyfe

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
of course it is! all computer for sure.
available in early 2023 means they are in development phase…
i found them on the app store “aquam”

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yeah...still waiting on the Elio!
I dodged a bullet with that one.
I wanted an Elio bad, contemplated investing but got lazy, thankfully after a few years I saw it wasn't going anywhere so I dodged that bullet.
Would have loved it as a commuter car and have my better car for more important stuff.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
This trike, based on the Carver from the Netherlands, was the trike I really wanted to buy, but like too many other vehicles, it never made it to market - www.flytheroad.com. The Carver was an enclosed, leaning motorcycle, but designed for one-at-a-time manufacturing which made it too expensive. I'd figure out how to buy one of the Persu V3s if they make it to market, but the site hasn't shown any changes in about 10 years now.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts