Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 460 Posts

·
Registered
2015 2JZ swapped
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Polaris has released an update to their dealer software and have an updated tune for the Slingshot. Not sure how much better it is, and or if it works on the 2015's, but I'll know tomorrow. :)

Updated: Read post below. ;)

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Interesting.

How did you find out about this? Any idea on what they have changed?

I hope it fixes all the issues that people are complaining about. Check the reverse speed limiter also.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Faster than 1 mph up a slope.

Just kidding. Well..... Kinda.

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
no really, I never thought or tried it, is there really a speed limiter on the reverse gear?

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
no really, I never thought or tried it, is there really a speed limiter on the reverse gear?
Yes, there is a limiter in reverse. It seems to be a throttle limiter; not tied to the actual speed.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Polaris has released an update to their dealer software and have an updated tune for the Slingshot. Not sure how much better it is, and or if it works on the 2015's, but I'll know tomorrow. :)
Pardon me for being just a little bit skeptical.

·
Super Moderator
2,951 Posts
There's a reverse speed limiter? How fast do you want to go in reverse?o_O
The owner's manual states reverse speed is limited to 10MPH; this is accomplished by limiting engine RPM when in Reverse. You can verify this by shifting into reverse and flooring it with the clutch in, the ECU does a throttle cut at something like 3K.

The limit is set high enough to back up without issue, however certain owners like to hold the RPMs high and work only the clutch and steering wheel. The solution is for those owners to lower the RPM and not wear the clutch, especially given the engine and transmission have to be removed to change the clutch plate.

·
Registered
2015 2JZ swapped
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
New tune is better than stock. Higher idle RPM, no low RPM stutter/kill, and better throttle response in all gears (mostly in 2-4). No service bulletin from Polaris yet but hopefully soon (as in FREE to consumers). :)

I've got a super, top secret (not anymore o_O), high HP tune from Alpha that still seems like it has the edge over the new 2016 tune. I'm going to get Henry (Alpha) to test this reflash out tomorrow and get his opinion too.

·
Super Moderator
2,951 Posts
New tune is better than stock. Higher idle RPM, no low RPM stutter/kill, and better throttle response in all gears (mostly in 2-4)....
By God, next they'll send out replacement radio antennas! :headphone:

What's the new idle (what's the old idle RPM?) and does it cure rev hang??? The engine cut sound is awesome when the ECU lets it happen.

If anything idle could idle lower, but then it would suffer from more knock; even 93 octane out of a not-so-great station causes knock for us.

·
Registered
2015 2JZ swapped
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Idle is now a steady 800rpm, can't remember what stock is it's been too long, (my Alpha tune is 1000). No high RPM hangs like before either. Throttle response is better by far, this is the biggest change. I would recommend having the tune updated. Hopefully Polaris will issue a service bulletin so that it doesn't cost anything.

·
2,333 Posts
Idle is now a steady 800rpm, can't remember what stock is it's been too long, (my Alpha tune is 1000). .[/QUOTE}

Stock is 750 .....

....free would be nice but if it is a big throttle response improvement I would even be willing to pay an hours labor if they would educate and make it available to the dealers.

I am interested in how you feel the two tunes compare. I was planning to have Bob re-flash my ECU with the super secret tune but not raise the idle all the way to 1K ... his reluctance is the only reason it hasn't already been done .... it just doesn't make sense to me ....

1 - 20 of 460 Posts