Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out the new body kits and luggage systems now available at ww.ssbodykits.com As a proud new forum supporter we are pleased to introduce our product line up we debuted at Daytona Bike Week.. and yes, the luggage system is sold separately (lol). For more information please visit our web site and please, post any questions or comments here .

FRONT END KIT, enclosed, aerodynamically correct, flow through fenders
DEN 023.JPG

20170314_193309.jpg

Luggage System, Rear quarter panels, lower tail cone and detachable hardcases c/w mounting brackets

DEN 017.JPG

DEN 006.JPG

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
"QUESTION?"
can you just buy the Givi Luggage & Mounting Hardware ?
LUGGAGE GIVI.png

............................................ tom n carol

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"QUESTION?"
can you just buy the Givi Luggage & Mounting Hardware ?
View attachment 118753

............................................ tom n carol
Yes @MISTERZ06,That is exactly the new bag I am now offering as our standard bag, After a very successful meeting with Givi at Daytona we have decided to upgrade our luggage kits to the monokey cases verses the monolock, on our demo bike. And at no extra charge to the kits (a @200.00 upgrade). I am currently rewriting the shopping cart to offer just the cases c/w mounting hardware for those who wish to purchase them separately form our rear end kit. Also the customer can choose from the Givi V46 monokey cases as well (t-rex style)

20170316_102101.jpg

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Yes @MISTERZ06,That is exactly the new bag I am now offering as our standard bag, After a very successful meeting with Givi at Daytona we have decided to upgrade our luggage kits to the monokey cases verses the monolock, on our demo bike. And at no extra charge to the kits (a @200.00 upgrade). I am currently rewriting the shopping cart to offer just the cases c/w mounting hardware for those who wish to purchase them separately form our rear end kit. Also the customer can choose from the Givi V46 monokey cases as well (t-rex style)

View attachment 118905
AWESOME
Thank-You
if could please post pics of the luggage kits, options and prices

........................................... tom n carol

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will
AWESOME
Thank-You
if could please post pics of the luggage kits, options and prices

........................................... tom n carol
Will do soon . just awaiting a day when I can dedicate myself to that project in the welding shop , once the new givi mounting plates arrive. With the original Blade hardcases we fabricated our own welded plates as hard points on our brackets, as the nylon plate supplied with the Blade was not adequate for use in a vertical application. This will all change now with the Monokey series hardcases as Givi can now supply the same mounting plate, we can use in the vertical application, that Campagna Motors has been using successfully on the T-rex for years.

That being said, this all could have been completed two weeks ago but we instead decided to invest much more time and tooling in developing a new roof. It was a real eye opener for me to show up at the Volusia Ride in Daytona and see half of the 30 bikes there were sporting roofs ! In the past two weeks upon returning , I returned to the drawing board where I had an old design for a roof filed away and got to work . Its been a very bust two and a half weeks. Since then , we,ve developed a new supporting structure, fabricated that prototype, and layed up a plug, and started conducting airflow and high speed tests, after three versions, I am now happy with the styling on the new roof. The plug is now advancing to final body work, after which it will be moved over to the fibreglass shop and I will begin the tedious task of manufacturing the production mold.

As It took over two weeks to work my way through the marketing company out of Toronto which handles vendor campaigns for this forum, I am now able to start posting updates here. I will post below the roof announcement plans I posted on another forum two weeks ago, Be advised the drawings for it were only conceptual and the final version we,re now completing the plug on, looks much different, The high speed testing confirmed my suspicions that using a much stronger self supporting steel structure we could eliminate the need for front posts down to the mirror brackets.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SSBODYKITS.COM NEW ROOFS FOR MAGGIE VALLEY

Read post above, this is a copy of thread posted a couple weeks ago

Mar 26th 2017MBMedic wrote:That thing looks sweet as hell.
I love how the front end gets the bolder, more robust finish.
The front fenders though....encompassing the wheels, and the splashguard!! Damn I love that look there.
The rear is finished very nice as well. Love the saddlebag option.
[/quote]ivor wrote:
Looks very good.A great place to market this is to take space at Slingshots in the Smokies

[/quote]BONES wrote:
Looks good and I Noticed FAST RED!!

[/quote]Neosolidus wrote:
The front end looks great,

[/quote] Kenny_h wrote:
I met with Kev yesterday at the track. Hell of a nice guy and the body kits are pretty impressive!
(ok , so maybe I pulled this one from another thread,,, but he said it, too late to pull it back now Kenny lmao)

With such compliments from respected forum members, I am going to go out on a limb here and say, tomorrow morning we begin production of the next phase , the development of a new roof I should have available for Maggie Valley. I,ve had the concept sketches on the board for a while now but wanted to get our body kits out there first to show what we can do. I,m going to post those sketches here now , but keep in mind they are just that, concept sketches, and as such the design may evolve as it comes to life. Initially I hope to offer something different from the traditional roofs out there, a design which not only looks slick as hell on our kitted cars but one that will go great on your traditional Slingshots too . Fibreglass, with an embedded steel structure, supporting gull wing sections for easy access and egress, and no front down tubes necessary at the windshield !

If weather permits, I will post tonight pictures of the final plug that has been tested and is now having finalized body work completed, before moving over to the fibreglass shop where the production molds will be produced.

·
Registered
293 Posts
h View attachment 119073 View attachment 119081 View attachment 119089 Here are the roof concept plans that the links from above posts don't work for ,lol.
The lines/angles/size of that roof look absolutely perfect. Keep it simple, and LOW! I love how it melds into and blends with the roll hoops. The front edge is back far enough to not have an issue with any windshields, and easier to look up at stoplights. I love the width; narrow enough that it blends with the tapering shape going up the Slingshot when viewed from the front. The little swish spoilers on the back look awesome too, probably slightly functional for the car as a whole, but I'm sure definitely functional as far as keeping the roof planted and stable. This is what I've been wishing for; finally a roof that doesn't look like an afterthought, make it look like a dune buggy, or too complex of a support structure. I submitted a similar design (though yours is better) to a plastics fabrication company, but it went nowhere. I just thought that if the roof was small and rigid enough, and was molded around the roll hoops snugly, then it would be stable without all the extraneous support, and still shade my head and torso. I don't want a massive roof trying to block all sun, which is impossible anyway. I look forward to this!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts