Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a new 2019 Slingshot today. After getting home I went to start it and it shows a knock sensor error. The dealership is going to pick it up Monday and fix it. In addition they are going to comp the first service ( I think at 300 miles). So the dealership seems to be stepping up to do the right thing.

However, now I'm worried that the Slingshot may be problematic. Hoping the people I see posting about it are a small fraction of the owners.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Bought a new 2019 Slingshot today. After getting home I went to start it and it shows a knock sensor error. The dealership is going to pick it up Monday and fix it. In addition they are going to comp the first service ( I think at 300 miles). So the dealership seems to be stepping up to do the right thing.

However, now I'm worried that the Slingshot may be problematic. Hoping the people I see posting about it are a small fraction of the owners.
I wouldn’t worry too much, despite every bad thing you may have read, they are still pretty reliable. It may just be bad gas or a bad sensor. Sensors are there for a reason, they warn of potential damage. The fact that you noticed and are taking care of it now is a good thing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn’t worry too much, despite every bad thing you may have read, they are still pretty reliable. It may just be bad gas or a bad sensor. Sensors are there for a reason, they warn of potential damage. The fact that you noticed and are taking care of it now is a good thing.
The dealer cleared the error but then could not reproduce it. They did then replace the sensor.

They did send me the message they received from Polaris claiming that driving in too high of a gear for a given speed could cause the error. First, I have been driving manual transmissions for 40 years. I do know better than than to drive like that. I find it a bit much that Polaris wants to blame a bad sensor on the drivers.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The dealer cleared the error but then could not reproduce it. They did then replace the sensor.

They did send me the message they received from Polaris claiming that driving in too high of a gear for a given speed could cause the error. First, I have been driving manual transmissions for 40 years. I do know better than than to drive like that. I find it a bit much that Polaris wants to blame a bad sensor on the drivers.
Be sure and run premium fuel too!;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts