Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Someone needs to call Polaris and get clarification on this. I think both points are valid and the way its worded could go either way. I would have to agree more with @Juice though. Simply because it says no external amplification is needed and its fits a 2017 base which has no infotainment system.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Someone needs to call Polaris and get clarification on this. I think both points are valid and the way its worded could go either way. I would have to agree more with @Juice though. Simply because it says no external amplification is needed and its fits a 2017 base which has no infotainment system.
I called Polaris, they are more clueless than we are.... I dont get how they can sell a new product without even training there sales people correctly.. Especially such a huge company like polaris..

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
@Noel Hughes @Kip

Can either one of you guys clarify if the new Rockford pods and speakers at $699 from Polaris are self powered?

I'm thinking they need the infotainment system or an external amp. Wording on website is confusing...

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,850 Posts
I went looking at a few other places online as well as Rockford Fosgate for clarification, nothing really out there. If I can see the terminal or how it connects, it would be an easy answer.

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'd bet @TravAZ is right... But also hope he's wrong.

But as far as saying the price is your argument... Isn't anything OEM overpriced? Like $2000 for infotainment system? Or $300 Sparco pedal covers?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm saying they are not amplified. Not cheap no matter how you look at it. I'm gonna go with not amplified and highway robbery. If it had an amp, I think they would make it very clear that it did. I agree with trav that they are giving speaker power ratings just like every other speaker does.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I'm saying they are not amplified. Not cheap no matter how you look at it. I'm gonna go with not amplified and highway robbery. If it had an amp, I think they would make it very clear that it did. I agree with trav that they are giving speaker power ratings just like every other speaker does.
its cheap to me if it includes an amp..

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
dont you thinnk that price point is steep for speakers that are only 100 watts? also why does it says it fits the base model if its plug and play??? why would they say that they do not require external amplification and fits the base model ?

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
I have an email out to someone that I think will know.

Guesses below....
The only vehicle it shows that it fits is the 2017 base model. It doesn't fit other 2017 models, because there are already these pods there. It doesn't fit 2016s or 2015 because I am sure the mounting locations on the frame are different.

It will fit, it just won't play anything because you need power and a player. They are thinking you will pair this with the Infotainment option. No "external amplification" because the Infotainment does this.

Is it expensive for just speakers and pods? Not if it is Polaris OEM. This is in line with their other accessory items, like the Infotainment System, upgrade wheel and tire package, garage door opener, inside lights, etc.

I will see if my contact will get us the final answer on this....

Reactions: Br4hm4

·
Registered
55 Posts
its cheap to me if it includes an amp..
Ssv with their best speaker is what 350 with no amp? You can get a superb 2 channel amp (to match two amplified speakers if these were) for less money. If it's not amped, it's robbery, if it is, it's still not cheap.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Ssv with their best speaker is what 350 with no amp? You can get a superb 2 channel amp (to match two amplified speakers if these were) for less money. If it's not amped, it's robbery, if it is, it's still not cheap.
But the convienance of not having to mount an amp, pat 150 for an amp bracket... Cleaner install.. I dont know... No one has any update ?

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
My guy thinks they are self powered, that plug into the infotainment system.

There is no install instructions yet. So how the heck do you get power to them if they are self powered and how do you play music through them if you don't have the infotainment system too.

So the update is that there is no good update. Still digging though.

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,850 Posts
My guy thinks they are self powered, that plug into the infotainment system.

There is no install instructions yet. So how the heck do you get power to them if they are self powered and how do you play music through them if you don't have the infotainment system too.

So the update is that there is no good update. Still digging though.
This is what I was thinking. They have to have a power source if they are self amped. That doesn't exactly scream a simple plug and play system. I know that JBL was working on In-Line Amplified speakers for CES this last year, but not sure they ever hit the market. All they did was take the power from the source and up the power output...but even then it needed a source. Just seems odd.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Good Lord! I just read this entire thread and can't beleive you guys left us hanging! LOL

So....what was the final verdict @Juice @TravAZ ?

The suspense is killing me! Also, based on some of the posts, I'm pretty sure $$ bets need to be settled...

21 - 40 of 41 Posts