Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I help host a comic convention (Grand Rapids, MI) on the side and this year we are doing a big car show indoors. I'm not sure how many of you are into stuff like this, but if anything, the cars seriously impress ME!

Right now we have:
  • Mystery Machine promo vehicle, licensed and used by Hanna-Barberra
  • Mach 5 movie replica car
  • 1966 Barris Kustom Batmobile, built by the company that made the originals in the TV series, licensed by DC, but never used on set!
We're working on getting a few last cars squared away, and one bike, if I can track it down.

The neat thing is, with most of these cars (and one TARDIS) you can get pictures in them or by them, at the very least.
More here: http://www.grcomiccon.com/car-show/

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My comic con is this weekend! So if you don't see me starting on Thursday night, that's why. :)

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Mystery Machine had to cancel due to weather.
I'm getting nervous, because we're expecting around 30K people to show up.

Getting my camera ready for you guys. Hopefully no Slingshots turn up at the shop while I'm working the show!

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
The Mystery Machine had to cancel due to weather.
I'm getting nervous, because we're expecting around 30K people to show up.

Getting my camera ready for you guys. Hopefully no Slingshots turn up at the shop while I'm working the show!
i'm going crazy with this calculation.
One dollar donation from each person that walks into the door "towards a slingshot program"

1 Dollar x 30k people = brand-new slingshot

Isn't that an amazing program?

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So it begins. And, of course, the Slingshot IS showing up at the shop tomorrow. For real. And I won't even be there!
:banghead:

IMG_20141120_154003_252.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts