Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just spoke to Don and sent some pictures of the windshield on the SS. He said he is VERY interested in doing the taller windshield for the SS. He needs to put his hands on one to get some measurements. I told him that I would post this on the forum and he said that would be great. He is located in 2325 Frost Rd. Streetsboro, Ohio 44241. His number is 330-968-4644

Don is a really nice guy to speak with. If anyone is in this area and can run by that would be great and he even said he would travel to whomever was closest to get the measurements if that was more convenient. So post back here if he is in your area (that way we will know its being taken care of) and also call him to schedule a meeting..

The sooner the better. He sounded like this was something he was wanting to start on very soon. He was going to make it with a smoke tint and a clear.

Reactions: jdriver

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Looking at the "owners map" it looks like there are a few members who might be close enough to help get this done.....

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I hate to pull my windshield off and send it if we have someone close to him. Maybe someone will see this and post back soon.

·
2,333 Posts
Since it slots into the cowling and curves it would probably be best if he could see it installed and take measurements of the mounting points ....

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea he looked at my pictures and he definitely needs to see one in person. He is ready , just need a volunteer . I can't wait to get a smoked tint taller shield.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I just spoke to Don and sent some pictures of the windshield on the SS. He said he is VERY interested in doing the taller windshield for the SS. He needs to put his hands on one to get some measurements. I told him that I would post this on the forum and he said that would be great. He is located in 2325 Frost Rd. Streetsboro, Ohio 44241. His number is 330-968-4644

Don is a really nice guy to speak with. If anyone is in this area and can run by that would be great and he even said he would travel to whomever was closest to get the measurements if that was more convenient. So post back here if he is in your area (that way we will know its being taken care of) and also call him to schedule a meeting..

The sooner the better. He sounded like this was something he was wanting to start on very soon. He was going to make it with a smoke tint and a clear.
@RABTECH, I live 172 miles east of Don, in Pa, he is welcome to come here and take any and all measurements that he may need. Let me know and I will PM you my address and phone number. I am retired so my schedule is very flexible.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@RABTECH, I live 172 miles east of Don, in Pa, he is welcome to come here and take any and all measurements that he may need. Let me know and I will PM you my address and phone number. I am retired so my schedule is very flexible.

Ok lets see if anyone closer replies in the next 24 hours ad if not, this may be the closest option. Thanks for putting your hat in the ring.......

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just called and left him a message, he will be back on Thursday, but is checking his messages so he may call before that, if its dry, I can ride over,,If not,,,we are close so not a big deal.
Tom

·
Registered
542 Posts
I've had several F-4 windshields on my Yamaha Ventures and loved them. A vented model would be nice too.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
1,254 Posts

i called him yesterday and spoke with him, also got him with the powers that be at polaris and asked him to make the tinted windshield as well, Don and F4 are awesome folks

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I am 40 miles from there but taking ss to florida for 9 days on friday.
Let me know if something falls through guys. I could even trailer it there if that would help.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Overall it sounds like we will have a new taller windshield soon. Thanks everyone for pulling together.

·
Registered
28 Posts

I live in Willoughby Ohio, about 40 miles from Streetsboro. He is welcome to come here and take measurements if that would help. Just let me know

Ron

1 - 20 of 25 Posts