Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
I am not certain what changes have been made to the hood over the years? One thing is that our original dealer told us that the 2015 hood was replaced with a lighter unit in 2016.5-2017, but I have not been able to confirm that.

Bill

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I’ve had some saying they need a ”hood” when what they are looking for is fenders, subframe, etc. if you need a hood (the section between the fenders) I have a couple.

618 Posts
As I understand, Underground Auto is also now offering an aftermarket Slingshot hood with unique styling. May be worth a look!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I’ve had some saying they need a ”hood” when what they are looking for is fenders, subframe, etc. if you need a hood (the section between the fenders) I have a couple.
I need the strip between the hood and fender if you have

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Ok… I’m gonna try one last time to clarify what makes up the front panels of a Slingshot.

1. Hood Subframe. The skeleton upon which the panels are attached.

2. Fenders. The painted parts located on each side of the hood. They each run up to the outside edge of the windshield and down to a point in the front. Rather large in size.

3. Hood. This is the largest painted panel on a Slingshot. It covers the entire area between the fenders, contains the space for the hood vent and extends to where you push latch points on all 4 latches.

4. Hood vent. The faux vent (Non-vented) that catches and holds water to blow up into your face!

5. Hood accent inserts. These are the two long strangely shaped pieces that set in the indentations of the hood and both fenders. They give the Slingshot it’s unique appearance when a contrasting color. They have nylon stubs underneath that easily break off when trying to remove or just from vibration. There is also an evil witch at the factory who cackles all the while putting VTH double-faced tape under these fragile pieces!

6.The Brow . This is really not part of the hood/fenders but finish off the “bumper” of the sling. It consists of the tube base/brackets, brow and the two painted accents -one on each side. This is the part that distorts/breaks when you decide to plow up a steep grade head-on forgetting you only have 5” of clearance or when you hit a parking block when you forget just how long the Sling really is!

I believe I have all of the above except fenders. Also the hood accent inserts are not painted , too fragile to ship and have broken nylon stubs. I have been able to replace those stubs with aluminum threaded inserts that are way more substantial and have done a few sets already.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: EjFord
1 - 6 of 6 Posts