Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Page 4.19 of the service manual indicates to replace the whole unit if the tie rod or boot needs replaced.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Can any body know what tie-Rod I can use on the SS the dealer is saying I need a hole new Rack assembly
Though the tie rod is removable, it is not available from Polaris separately. I've had three replacement racks (warranty) and I finally purchased the last one to properly repair it myself. I have my last one hanging on the wall, and you're welcome to the tie rod if you want to pay the ride. PM me if you care to.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I had a bend like that on my Canam. We were able to straighten quite easily and put it back in service.

·
Super Moderator
2,889 Posts
I had a bend like that on my Canam. We were able to straighten quite easily and put it back in service.
Isn't that like a messed up snowmobile without skis? Alignment doesn't even matter on a sled....

5280.pat.jpg
Danica never rode that P.O.S., not even once.

(All in fun, thanks for the bent rod info.)

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Danica was talking about herself, the ad is out of context.;)
If you look closely, she looks photoshopped into the picture anyway. Awkward right arm placement, obviously fake drop shadows, left hand on throttle looks like it was added into her sleeve later. Plus, does anyone really care what Danica thinks about anything?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts