Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are waiting on our SS. She already has our first trip planned. Going to Townsend TN. with a trip to the Tail of the Dragon. We cant wait, we are both like kids at X-Mas!!!!!!! We live about 2.5 hrs. from the Dragon.

·
Registered
843 Posts
My wife and I are waiting on our SS. She already has our first trip planned. Going to Townsend TN. with a trip to the Tail of the Dragon. We cant wait, we are both like kids at X-Mas!!!!!!! We live about 2.5 hrs. from the Dragon.
Wow! 2.5 hours! Google Maps say 17h30 to go there for me! lol...

Some friend of mine make the trip in T-Rex each year!

Congrats for your SS;)

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Centhron, We are really looking forward to our SS. I have always rode bikes, dirt and street. I currently have a KTM 690 SM and a Suzuki SV 650 modified. I have only rode the Dragons Tail on a bike, but I cant wait to take the SS.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Thanks for rubbing it in. Seriously, congrats on the purchase. Just be sure to not end up on the tree of shame.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Welcome aboard Dewaine! Sounds like you are in the same boat as the rest of us! I am stoked to see someone else in the NC area. We may just have to organize a ride on the Dragon's tail! I am in the asheville area fairly often for ice climbing and winter mountaineering stuff…not really slingshot season stuff! It would be great to have a reason to head up that way in the warmer seasons!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope not, but the tree is proof, somtimes the Dragon wins! Maybe I should carry five smooth stones along for my Slingshot.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Dewaine,
I am sure you have some miles on your SS by now. I live in Denver, NC and we go to and through Asheville quite a bit. Wonderful place in NC and the mountains are fantastic!
I absolutely love my SS except for the heat issues. Working on some ideas I have read from other members to help alleviate it.
When I bought mine in February, I had no problems with heat, lol, but now after it hits 80 here, can hardly stand the heat from the engine and floor boards.
Hope to meet you in Maggie Valley in June. :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Holdfast, that sounds good.
Well, it looks like I won't be making the Deals Gap get together. That weekend is my son's 7th Birthday, so I will be hanging with him. When he is a little bigger, I will feel more comfortable taking him out for long rides. Hope to make it up that way another weekend soon. It would be great to meet a few of you folks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Been there on the 2 wheels motorcycle but want to take my SS there.

·
Registered
277 Posts
just throwing my intro out there .......had my sling for a little while, living in davie county / iredell county border area ...

·
Registered
277 Posts
Took the wife up to grandfather mountain to see the leaves change. She loved it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts