1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my insurance from nationwide 49 years old clean driving record
image.jpg

$483.01 Yes !!
I have Blue Cross Blue Shield Health insurance on me and the wife so I cut out the uninsured motorist medical portion save about 250 a year.
This deal pays for damages to your vehicle from uninsured motors though.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I switched my 12 year old policy from Geico to Nationwide because of the Slingshot. I have uninsured and underinsured motorist and mine is 640 a year. So that would be inline with the 400 you received without it.

Geico pissed me off because they have other companies that could have written the insurance. And the last person I spoke to when I called and canceled my policy said that she would call and ask their special business solutions department what they could do to cover it. I told her that it was to late. And the poor responses I got from the previous 3 calls were unacceptable.

Been with them for 12 years and never had a claim. Autopaid and never late. The hell with them. I told the lady at Nationwide to put somewhere on my account that I would drop them if they ever told me they couldn't insure something for me. And I meant it. Charge me whatever you want but don't tell me you CANT cover it.

Sorry if this post sounds childish or spoiled. But I have got to the point in my 42 years that I expect service when I call. And telling me that you cant cover it when your one of the largest insurers is not going to work for me. BUT your $250,000.00 700HP AMG Mercedes is 600.00 every 6 months. SERIOUSLY!

I dont have that car anymore and couldn't afford it for the year I kept it. But the point is I could have done WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more damage in it than the $20,000.00 SS.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know I've been on the phone the better part of the day with my Allstate agent that I've been with sense 2001 and have all my Company vehicles 12 of them ! They Q me 1080 year on SS even after telling them what I was quoted from nationwide. Needless to say I had to take my blood pressure medicine when I get home.
Really considering pulling all my company vehicles! These insurance companies have no loyalty to there customers today!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I know I've been on the phone the better part of the day with my Allstate agent that I've been with sense 2001 and have all my Company vehicles 12 of them ! They Q me 1080 year on SS even after telling them what I was quoted from nationwide. Needless to say I had to take my blood pressure medicine when I get home.
Really considering pulling all my company vehicles! These insurance companies have no loyalty to there customers today!
I have had Allstate insurance since I was 18 years old on all my vehicles and homes. It is becoming evident to me after some homeowner's insurance problems that it may be time to switch. Allstate is just not the company that it used to be. My local agent just keeps telling me that his hands are tied and his office staff just give me 1-800 numbers to call. Thanks for sharing your experiences with Allstate and Nationwide. I have been looking at Nationwide as a better choice also. Actually I have some of my retirement money in a Nationwide annuity so I guess it would be like paying myself. LOL

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
That's unbelievable. I know rates vary by state, but that's nuts. Mine is a tad over $200 per year in Florida with Allstate.

·
Registered
41 Posts
That's unbelievable. I know rates vary by state, but that's nuts. Mine is a tad over $200 per year in Florida with Allstate.
Im in Clearwater Fl area. Allstate wouldn't even insure it for me. 45 years old great driving record and credit. Best I found was Nationwide full coverage with $1000 deduct comp and coll. And only the state minimums for a whopping $1290 per year...I had no choice but to get it because Geico and Progressive were $1600 and $1700. This is ridiculous !

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I think I have posted it somewhere but I have Nationwide. Its 6xx.00 a year for full coverage with 100/300 and other good limits. I'm 43 now so it was pretty good.

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
Im in Clearwater Fl area. Allstate wouldn't even insure it for me. 45 years old great driving record and credit. Best I found was Nationwide full coverage with $1000 deduct comp and coll. And only the state minimums for a whopping $1290 per year...I had no choice but to get it because Geico and Progressive were $1600 and $1700. This is ridiculous !
Durim1969, if you want, I can give you my insurance agents name and number and you can talk to her about getting you covered. She's done a few s/s in Florida (I was her first) and she's had no trouble getting Allstate to cover this trike. I've had my policy with Allstate on mine for almost 6 months now. @toobad4you called her and had coverage with Allstate as well and he's in your area of the state (well, closer to you than I am - he's over near Panama City. With your credit and driving history, I'm sure you'll be under $300 per year and happy. Let me know and I'll send you her info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts