Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

NASCAR TALLBOY +2 REVIEW

5K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  Br4hm4 
#1 ·
Review: NASCAR Tallboy +2

This is now my 5th windshield and so far my favorite. I've reviewed the Madstad, Klockwerks, Stock, NASCAR Tallboy, and now this one.

The reason I love this one so much is that it's a full windshield...but one that doesn't need extra items like the baker air wings to be comfortable. The shape of the windshield allows for wind to come just enough around the edge and too to keep you cool. Today's 300 mile ride was the test for that. Temps got up to 97 degrees in slow moving areas and I stayed as comfortable with this windshield as I did with the Madstad 9". Add to that...less bugs in the face vs the rest of the windshields I've reviewed. This is more important for those road warriors than to those city cruisers. I sit somewhere between those so to me...this was important. Being able to see through the shield is nice. No warps, no skewing in the corners, and just a clear vision of what's ahead of you. Makes a huge difference when the rain is falling or when you are dealing with flying debris. With that being said... I wish there was a version that was slightly tinted. A light grey would really make this windshield pop.

Now the cool part...the NASCAR windshields are essentially modular like the Twist Dynamics adjustable and the Madstad. You can swap out different sizes in just a few minutes. I think it took me about 20 minutes to swap from the Tallboy to the Tallboy +2. It's 11 screws to go from one to another.

Fitment is going to be tricky on a slingshade...but if you have any other top, you won't have an issue. Plus you'll have a nice little gap up top for a good amount of airflow.

I'd say its worth every penny. Like I said...my favorite windshield I've tested so far.

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: Kev
#3 ·
I wouldn't say it's needed...but I would highly recommend it. The reason I say this is when you get in to a cross wind or when you catch that crazy push of air from a passing semi...it looks like it wants to rip off from the base. With that being said. @Kev has been using double sided padded tape with the windshields and I have been told there is no need to drill the windshield anymore. I am just very paranoid and the winds in Colorado can get a little sketchy so I drilled the windshield and mounted it to the post with a screw and a rubber washer.

#7 ·
Yep, have been in rain and temps as low as 30 Degrees. It rain it is pretty fantastic. I would highly recommend doing Rain-X or some kind of protective layer on it to help sheet the water off. In colder temps, it really shines. I had the Madstad 9" adjustable, the Klockwerks, the factory shield, and the shorter NASCAR windshield and this taller NASCAR shield really makes a difference. Now keep in mind, I am saying this from the standpoint of having a roof. With the shorter windshields the air would push in to the top and down and you can really feel the wind and cold air. The taller one pushed the air over the top and makes it more comfortable in the cabin. The only thing I would recommend is some baker air wings. I feel like the shield is a little narrow between the posts and allows a little more air on the sides...which is amazing in summer time...but depending on how cold it is...makes for a chilly ride in the fall/winter.

Reactions: Lowpt2001
#8 ·
Finally got to see a nascar windshield in person when @wokka came to the San Antonio Wrench Day. I was impressed with the build quality. Still not quite what I was looking for, so I will continue to search for the perfect windshield for me. I love my F4 +5, but it has seen better days and needs replacing soon.

#10 ·
My understanding is that the +2 wll hit the slingshade. I don't know to what degree...since I don't own the slingshade...although I do want to pick one up. I think there are a few people that have the Slingshade and have the normal Tallboy with no issues.

#11 ·
My understanding is that the +2 wll hit the slingshade. I don't know to what degree...since I don't own the slingshade...although I do want to pick one up. I think there are a few people that have the Slingshade and have the normal Tallboy with no issues.
Was hoping someone had tried the +2 on the slingshade and just used a weather strip or something if it hit. Thanks for the reply.

#12 ·
@Kev might have some photos

#16 ·
Just be sure to ask @Kev if the +2 will fit or not. I'd imaging the +2, since it came out after the original Slingshade-compatible NASCAR style windshield, may be too tal for the Slingshade. There is a warning for Slingshade compatibility as part of the ordering process.
I seen the issue that can happen with the Nascar tallboy and how they resolved it if it happens. I just didn't see anything saying if the tallboy+2 would fit. I was hoping someone tried it.

#18 ·
I will also say that I have seen a few people cut the +2 and the original tallboy down a bit...and do some custom work for more air flow and all that. The reason this Windshield is my favorite is because of it's durability, but also the customizability. There are some seriously creative people.

#20 ·
you will not be disappointed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.