Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At Ssbodykits.com. we,re all about improving the aerodynamics of your Sling. And with our Nascar-styled windshields sloping back 10 degrees more than O.E.M. windshields and an unparalleled right to left sweeping arch the increased efficiencies are obvious ! And that cleaner airflow can only spell one thing , the calmest , guiettess and cleanest, cabin environment ! Check out our website for further info.
DSCN0034.JPG
DSCN0035.JPG
DSCN0038.JPG
DSCN0039.JPG

·
15 Seconds Of Fame Anywhere You Go
583 Posts
At Ssbodykits.com. we,re all about improving the aerodynamics of your Sling. And with our Nascar-styled windshields sloping back 10 degrees more than O.E.M. windshields and an unparalleled right to left sweeping arch the increased efficiencies are obvious ! And that cleaner airflow can only spell one thing , the calmest , guiettess and cleanest, cabin environment ! Check out our website for further info. View attachment 132481 View attachment 132489 View attachment 132497 View attachment 132521
Nice... How much and when will it be available?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Will it work with tops that have front bars?

·
Registered
520 Posts
At Ssbodykits.com. we,re all about improving the aerodynamics of your Sling. And with our Nascar-styled windshields sloping back 10 degrees more than O.E.M. windshields and an unparalleled right to left sweeping arch the increased efficiencies are obvious ! And that cleaner airflow can only spell one thing , the calmest , guiettess and cleanest, cabin environment ! Check out our website for further info. View attachment 132481 View attachment 132489 View attachment 132497 View attachment 132521
How do these perform with Welter dual exhaust. Any fumes in the cabin?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will it work with tops that have front bars?
Yes as the bars typically mount to the mirror brackets they shouldn't interfere with our base as it mounts using flanges copied from the original O.E.M. windshields. Therefore it would be well within your bars

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice... How much and when will it be available?
Hi @njsling here is a post I posted on the other side explaining the material, chemical treatment and pricing. And I currently have some inventory ready to ship ,otherwise new orders ship in two weeks.
scootertrash it s a poly carbonate, basically a Lexan . I've used it a lot in aircraft use over the years and it's always held up well as far as scratch resistance etc. We treated those and will on all production ones with some of the certified products for aircraft use, just used what i had here but am sourcing the newest best ones to treat and then included with every windshield. It's amazing how much protection it adds , water beading etc. When you drag your hand across plain carbonate it doesnt seem to be too dragging until you apply this and your hand and rags then skate right across with a hugely noticeable difference. While some manufacturers are using 1/8 I decided to stay with the 3/16 for numerous reasons. 1/8 would probably suffice but just more comfortable with 3/16 . The price may seem a little discouraging compared to other Aftermarket windshields as the base and paint work and additional labour to drill and fasten too etc. So I'm afraid were going to have to start at $ 645 assembled shipped and painted with black texture spray. I realize it's not the U.S. consumers problem but I get dinged with additional brokerage charges as well with the free shipping being a Canadian manufacturer. I spent a lot of time sourcing the proper texture spray , one that takes to the different cleaners to shine like your existing plastics. The foam gasket material is installed to prevent marring on your dash pads and as well the base of the poly carbonate where it bolts to the fiberglass base via 6 mm countersunk socket head bilts anodized black, is also painted on the inside 1 ,1/4 " where it mounts to base so no water stains will show through as any water running down inside of windshield will just drain between painted base and painted windshield. Thereby not being visible form outside of polycarbonate.
I realize most tall boy windshields run about 85 .00 cheaper but the added base and associated costs are necessary to gain the right to left arching and ten degrees more slope for the improved aerodynamics. And yes being the highest price there may have to be sale prices so twist my arms a little , just watch my legs !

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How do these perform with Welter dual exhaust. Any fumes in the cabin?
I'm very anxious to get one installed with a guy who's had exhaust issues. There is no doubt the cleaner airflow will provide a quieter and cleaner low pressure area behind the windshield.Our testing shows extremely calm and quiet cockpit conditions throughout the entire speed realm. The whole purpose of the additional 10 degrees slope and right to left arching is to improve the aerodynamics. Which in turn will produce lesser of a low pressure area behind.The low pressure area is more significant with the more abrupt edges of steeper or flatter windshields as the airstream violently trips over those edges creating downward and inward flowing vortices(turbulence) which create the low pressure areas where lower air pressure and unwanted exhaust fumes circulate about .The faster , smoother flowing airstream does a much better job of evacuating and lessening this low pressure area.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Kev, we do like the clean lines with no mounting obstructions, a couple of questions if we may? It appears that this wind screen is designed to be looked through rather than over, correct? Also, how much would just the replacement glass be and what is your return policy?

Thanks,

Bill

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kev, we do like the clean lines with no mounting obstructions, a couple of questions if we may? It appears that this wind screen is designed to be looked through rather than over, correct? Also, how much would just the replacement glass be and what is your return policy?

Thanks,

Bill
Thanks @wjfyfe , yes the nascar styled windshield ,you look through however we also have a sportser lens for the same base that you look over , right now we,re running a special where you can get a fifteen percent discount or in place of the discount, purchaser can opt for the sportster lens to be also shipped with his Nascar at no extra charge, This is how I run mine at home, during the hot summer months I prefer not to look through and have plenty of air, however come fall I quickly unbolt the sportster from the fibreglass base and bolt on the taller Nascar for the cooler seasons . With the added side to side arch and ten more degrees of slope it is amazingly quiet and free from turbulence . I havent as of yet posted a replacement lens price on my site but your not the first to ask that recently, so I had better get to it. As always, shipping of large items is always a cost we cannot prevent but my thoughts on pricing for replacement items to existing customers is we appreciate their business and should the unfortunate scenario arise where a replacement lens is needed we would not look to profit again from that sale but just to have our costs covered.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What's in the kit? I see there is a fiberglass base. Do you have pictures of one just out of the box?
Yes the fibreglass based is the backbone of the design allowing for the increased side to side arch and ten degrees more slope , the windshields are shipped mounted to the base with the stainless hardware and the base just bolts on to your sling the Exact same way your as your O.E.M. windshields using the factory mounting flanges as well. I today shipped a Nascar Styled windshield to a customer in Aurora Illinois I,ll post here a pic of that crate and the windshield before it was crated.It was shippedwith Black anodized bolts but the standard is now stainless as we find the black tends to get a little rust stain in the centres
20170621_171912_resized.jpg
20170621_141327_resized.jpg

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yah @Trickle007 courier, it costs me about $ 110 to ship it to most places maybe $20 more to West coast and that's included in the windshield prices ! of course to go by courier the crate has to measure less than 165 cubic inches when using , length + 2 x width + 2x height so that comes in about 128 cubic inches (and of course it has to be less than 150 lbs ) We ship Purolator out of Canada then they sub most U.S.deliveries to U.P.S.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cant wait to see one of our new Nascar Styled windshields
DSCN0038.JPG
on the new Slingshade ! the side to side arch and ten more degrees of slope will flow perfectly with those new top lines . Anyone considering a new Slingshade top purchase please contact me for special pricing ! I,m very anxious to demonstrate the improved aerodynamics of our windshield with this new top !
Capture.JPG

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anyone here in the forums purchased one of these? I'm looking into buying one, just not quite sure yet. Prior to finding this thread, the website seemed a little, eh, not legit maybe? Nice to see Kev on here posting about his products, settles my questioning the legitimacy a little.

Any happy/unhappy customers that can comment on it?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Has anyone here in the forums purchased one of these? I'm looking into buying one, just not quite sure yet. Prior to finding this thread, the website seemed a little, eh, not legit maybe? Nice to see Kev on here posting about his products, settles my questioning the legitimacy a little.

Any happy/unhappy customers that can comment on it?

I am a customer of Kev's and I've been very please with his products and the way he conducts business. I have his "Nascar" styled windscreen and it works great with my slingshade top.

When we were at Maggie Valley this spring he actually allowed folks to put the windscreen on and take it out for a ride so they could have actual experience with it before they handed over the cash. If that isn't customer service I don't know what is.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you for the reply! That's pretty cool he allowed folks to test it out, couldn't imagine others would take that chance.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey Kev I like the hard case luggage carrier will it work with the Welter Exhaust Duals? Also for anyone on the forum who has them whats your opinion of them. Looks like an easy mod for more traveling space.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts