Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yep, 460 miles on and backup camera died tonight, just get a blue screen.

Seems similar to others that have had theirs fail. My question, is it actually the camera? Is it not able to sustain the vibration or something that causes it to fail?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Well that's not good. Radio sucks with reception (probably my antenna), and now my ignition switch is funky. Sorry to hear about your camera.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just lost my back up camera , nothing but blue screen. Haven`t had time to talk to dealer yet , has anyone had a response from their dealer yet on this subject ?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Mine died today too. At least now I don't think I broke it installing my Garmin. I have the same blue screen when I put it in reverse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone have one that died that got it resolved? If so was it the camera that was replaced? Or is this another item that will take weeks or months to resolve?

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
They are back ordered ... Mine stopped the day I took delivery. Was to have been ordered but the old Service manager (no longer there) never ordered it.... They think my replacement will be in this week. Not holding my breath.

Mine went up in smoke (70 miles)... Looks like crappy units all around. I hope the delay has to do with them either resourcing or kicking the supplier in the ass.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Knock on wood 1600 miles and still working. I was wondering what the manufacturing date is for those having issues. Sticker is on the bar left of the steering wheel for those wondering.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Backordered is the Polaris Standard. They make a bunch of crap, their QC pulls units off the line to rework and voila we have a new custom limited edition. Hell of a way to capitalize and recoup losses from production gone bad. These backup cameras will be absorbed by their supplier, win, win for Polaris they don't lose a dime. They are the Walmart of the ATV and motorcycle world.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I swear if one more thing breaks from poor workmanship or cheep parts , I'm going to loose it . Bad body panels, bad ecu switch , cheep steering recall , cheep roll hoops , axle nut fell off and tore up my roader , steering wheel not lined up , radio just sucks for the over price of it , rear shock scratched up by delivery , front end scratched up by delivery . seats not lined up , wind screen eating up the paint on the dash , alignment done by tape and a level
(that's crazy but true) need I keep going . They got a ton of issues and I'm surprised they are still selling them till they get the one they have sold working right and SAFE . Polaris is going to wake up one day and find out one of there units went nut ,lost a wheel, broke a wheel , lost steering, or whatever and did the unspeakable to someone.

·
2,333 Posts
I swear if one more thing breaks from poor workmanship or cheep parts , I'm going to loose it . Bad body panels, bad ecu switch , cheep steering recall , cheep roll hoops , axle nut fell off and tore up my roader , steering wheel not lined up , radio just sucks for the over price of it , rear shock scratched up by delivery , front end scratched up by delivery . seats not lined up , wind screen eating up the paint on the dash , alignment done by tape and a level
(that's crazy but true) need I keep going . They got a ton of issues and I'm surprised they are still selling them till they get the one they have sold working right and SAFE . Polaris is going to wake up one day and find out one of there units went nut ,lost a wheel, broke a wheel , lost steering, or whatever and did the unspeakable to someone.

Since you are keeping score you forgot broken seat frame welds : http://www.slingshotforums.com/threads/broken-seat-welds.4190/

Fortunatley I have none of that ..... ( insert knocking on wood sound here )

·
Registered
622 Posts
Backordered is the Polaris Standard. They make a bunch of crap, their QC pulls units off the line to rework and voila we have a new custom limited edition. Hell of a way to capitalize and recoup losses from production gone bad. These backup cameras will be absorbed by their supplier, win, win for Polaris they don't lose a dime. They are the Walmart of the ATV and motorcycle world.
I knew that before I got into to this there ATV's suck bad beside the RZR's they have out . I just keep telling my shelf it will be like the RZR good to go - nope more like the crap ATV line .

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What the hell? Threw it in reverse tonight and the backup camera is working again!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I love that kind of a fix, I hope mine does the same thing. Beats the crap out of leaving it at the dealer for a week or more.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Been awhile, anyone with a dead backup camera have it start working again like me?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts