Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CT dropped off his SL the other day twisted my arm quite hard to take it for a test drive. I didn't dive it much and didn't get on it as I didn't want to since its not my machine. But the little seat time I had was enough to put a smile on my face. I'm used to very very fast vehicles and I immediately could tell that the SS is one hell of a machine without even getting on it hard. The power to weight ratio combined with the rawness of the SS is unmatched and is a stimuli of pure epic.

As most of you know CT dropped his SL off for us to get started on fitment and development of parts. We spent most of the day inspecting and removing allot of parts and body panels. I know its not perfect but the SS is a 19k vehicle. I say 19k because the extra cost of the SL is in add on options not the actual vehicle.

With that said you are getting ALLOT for 19k. I feel its important to look at it with a open mind and not compare it to a vehicle that is 35k+. Once you guys get some seat time it will be all smiles! The only worry will be feeling sorry for those who jump on board late and will not get delivery.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I would absolutely agree Turbo, the Slingshot makes me smile when I am near it, see it and especially when I drive it!
Well worth the money for what you get.
when you sit in it you just want to start driving or even just stand there and admire it, it's hard to walk away. I am already extremely happy and I haven't even had the chance to shift into 3rd gear yet!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Pound for pound, there is no other vehicle out there that will put a smile on peoples faces like the Slingshot will :)

Can't wait to see what products you come up with for it.[/QUOTE

Well said. Just imagine what the SS will be capable of once she's fitted with a turbo or supercharger.
Folks will have a bigger grin then the joker

·
Registered
503 Posts
Thanks Contact- I am really chomping at the bit for the Slingshot base I am #1 in line at me dealer for so woohoo - PLEASE Santa have it under the tree by Christmas!! I have been good- Well pretty a good anyway

·
Registered
503 Posts
I am with you but not going the turbo route- too many heartaches and I prefer the smile I have if it was any bigger my teeth would fall out.:D:shifty:

·
Registered
362 Posts
CT dropped off his SL the other day twisted my arm quite hard to take it for a test drive. I didn't dive it much and didn't get on it as I didn't want to since its not my machine. But the little seat time I had was enough to put a smile on my face. I'm used to very very fast vehicles and I immediately could tell that the SS is one hell of a machine without even getting on it hard. The power to weight ratio combined with the rawness of the SS is unmatched and is a stimuli of pure epic.

As most of you know CT dropped his SL off for us to get started on fitment and development of parts. We spent most of the day inspecting and removing allot of parts and body panels. I know its not perfect but the SS is a 19k vehicle. I say 19k because the extra cost of the SL is in add on options not the actual vehicle.

With that said you are getting ALLOT for 19k. I feel its important to look at it with a open mind and not compare it to a vehicle that is 35k+. Once you guys get some seat time it will be all smiles! The only worry will be feeling sorry for those who jump on board late and will not get delivery.
Turbo, I agree with your statement except where you stated " The only worry will be feeling sorry for those who jump on board late and will not get delivery." I myself believe waiting for a later version will be rewarded with a better product. Hopefully all the small problems will have been addressed and the pressure to deliver units will be a lot less. Hence a happier owner. I could be wrong but history will most likely prove me right. May is not that far away, and maybe wait for the 2016 model depending on release date.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts